What's new

Antique store finds and razor ID

I wandered into one of our local antique mall type stores here yesterday and found a couple of really nice razors.

One of them I know. It's a Sta-Sharp Fine Chromized Steel. The scales are almost perfect, no warping chips or cracks. And, I can't see any noticeable hone wear on the spine either.The only think wrong with them is the Metal accents at the pins has peeled away from the scales a bit. Any suggestions how to fix that?

The second razor has "Antiseptic" etched into the blade. The tang is pretty hard to read, but using a loupe, I can make out the following:

.ELT .AD RAZOR W..
St. Louis

Any info about this razor would be appreciated.

Here are some pics.

D

doleeo

That Sta-Sharp is a terrific find!

It is the sister razor to my Craftsman. They even have the same style etching.

Congrats!

I'll spare you what I paid for them if you're jealous. Don't want to make it worse. :blush:

I'll most likely be selling that Antiseptic razor once I get it cleaned up and probably rescaled. I've been having issues with spike points and think I'm much better off with more rounded points, and I can't get myself to mute them. Especially when there are so many people that like them.

I have a Sta-Sharp almost exactly like yours being lightly restored currently. They are pretty widely regarded as excellent shavers (though still somewhat under the radar).

P.S. Shhh!:tongue_sm

+1 Super shavers. I have been lucky enough to own a couple, but not one with the original scales. Congrats on that.

Also, sears sold many a good razor with their name on the blade, and made by several fine manufacturers, both German and American.

D

doleeo

Super shavers indeed. Due to this thread I shaved with my Craftsman today.

Here is an older pic of the etching.

I would definitely be interested in buying the antisceptic one if you do sell it. PLEASE PM me if you decide to.

Top Bottom