What's new

Lather Bowl Ideas For Shave Cream?

I'm now using Robert's Feats of Clay one piece mid-size scuttle ($29 delivered) and love it.

I use one of Robert's mid-sized scuttles as well. It works great. I use hot tap water which seems more than enough to warm up the scuttle and keep my lather comfortably warm.

I found THIS BOWL on clearance at my local TJ Maxx for 4 bucks. It is stainless on the inside and has a rubber non slip bottom which is nice. It's easy to hold and has plenty of real estate for lather. The only down side I've noticed is that it does not hold heat as well as I'd like, which is counter-intuitive to me considering it's stainless steel inside (the outside is coated). I still like it.

I used one of these from World Market for quite a while until swmbo made scuttle for me. Worked well for me. Internal dimensions are about 5" x 2-1/4". If you have a World Market near you, you can get them individually (instead of the set of 4 offered online) and with more color choices. I would have preferred that the inside be the same color as the outside for contrast with the lather, but that's about the only negative I can think of.

proxy.php

I use a cereal bowl from Target. It came in a two-pack which was roughly $8. One is my lather bowl, the other is a backup / oatmeal bowl.

Another vote for the Target bowl. I got 2 of the blue ones, they do look quite nice and work great. I use one for the cream or soap lather (holds a puck nicely). The other I fill with hot water to rinse my Rolls. I have a nice piece of ebony that I am going to finish and will mount the bowls to it.

I found THIS BOWL on clearance at my local TJ Maxx for 4 bucks. It is stainless on the inside and has a rubber non slip bottom which is nice. It's easy to hold and has plenty of real estate for lather. The only down side I've noticed is that it does not hold heat as well as I'd like, which is counter-intuitive to me considering it's stainless steel inside (the outside is coated). I still like it.
That's a great bowl. I have the medium and the small one, and I would like to get the really big one at some point too. I don't use them for shaving, but they do their job well in the kitchen.

Here's my bowl I picked up for $1.69 at the local Christmas Tree Shop.
Its got a nice base I can wrap my hand around like a handle, and the top has a lip to help keep in the lather.

The wife thought the lion heads were a nice "manly" touch.

Now if I can only keep the lather warm...

I was at Ross' store waiting for my wife to do shopping. I went to the housewares's department and saw a black coffee mug made by Gibsons. It is 4 3/4 " across and 3" deep. It is perfect for creams. Plus it is microwave safe so I can zap it for a few seconds. Cost me all of $1.99 and is the best mug I ever had. :001_smile

Top Bottom