What's new

Can this be identified?

I was looking for safety razors in a local web auction, and found this straight razor. It looked kinda interesting, so I bought it for 9 euros. The pics aren't very good, but from what I can tell, the box says something like Jungbove Special, and the number 227 on it? Solingen is also mentioned. Assuming it's an original box, of course. I can take better pics once I get it home, but does that ring any bells?

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Jungbove, indeed. I finally got the razor, and it says "Ringdove." The blade has the text "Svensk EMDE Stål" and "Ringdove Solingen" on it. Rather nice and delicate looking, actually. Here's a photo:

proxy.php

Is this a known brand?

mgarbell, I dunno know if I am ready for the straight razor... maybe I will pass this one on, and trade it for some safety razor? Would that make a fair trade, I have no idea what these things usually go for?

mgarbell, I dunno know if I am ready for the straight razor... maybe I will pass this one on, and trade it for some safety razor? Would that make a fair trade, I have no idea what these things usually go for?

If you decide you want to trade for a vintage Gillette or Gem, let me know :biggrin1:

Top Bottom