What's new

Charlotte NC Supplies

S

shadow2035

Did not know if anyone knew any good local places to get shaving supplies in the Charlotte NC area? I am new to the this and want some good pre shave oils and cream. Or even some good links to sites that have good items. Also what is a good pre shave oil to use?

The Charlotte Nordstrom's (Southpark Mall) will probably carry the Art of Shaving line, which I think is excellent. Bath & Bodyworks will have C.O. Bigelow cream (aka Proraso) plus some pretty decent aftershaves. Last, there is also a L'Occitane store in Southpark Mall which will have some very good stuff. With the exception of maybe a brush at L'Occitane and/or some very overpriced Gillette Fusion handles from Art of Shaving though, you're probably only going to find consumables at the Mall. Anyway, look in the reviews section here on B&B, decide what you might like and then go and see what scents you dig.

Of course there is always mail order. The only thing I'll say about that is that Vintage Blades is located here on the east coast and my order arrived here in NC two days after I placed it - very nice turn around time.

Good hunting!

----------T_M

Oh, also, Harris Teeter grocery stores usually have the Tweezerman badger brush for $15. People seem to say it's not the best brush in the world, but it's not bad - and it's a start. I don't use one, but I've seen them on the racks there.

I also think there's an Orvis over by Southpark Mall - they will have Dominica Bay Rum aftershave, which is great stuff - also for about $15. That's slightly overpriced from what you might see elsewhere, but now when you add shipping.

----------T_M

There's a link somewhere that has a list of cities and wetshaving stores around there... couldn't find it again but look around it's out there

Top Bottom