What's new

TOBS Shaving Shop

I shaved with a sample of TOBS Shaving Shop and like the subtle pleasant sent. What does the cologne smell like?

I haven't tried the cologne, but I do have the aftershave and I think the cologne and the aftershave are supposed to be very close. The aftershave has the citrusy note that the shaving cream does, but it is much more pronounced. Moreover, there is quite a bit more woodsiness in the aftershave than what comes through in the shaving cream. Honestly, as I had the aftershave first, I found the smell of the shaving cream rather disappointing in comparison. The shaving cream scent wasn't bad by any means, but the aftershave is just so much more pronounced and I like the woodsiness that it has.

I haven't tried the cologne, but I do have the aftershave and I think the cologne and the aftershave are supposed to be very close. The aftershave has the citrusy note that the shaving cream does, but it is much more pronounced. Moreover, there is quite a bit more woodsiness in the aftershave than what comes through in the shaving cream. Honestly, as I had the aftershave first, I found the smell of the shaving cream rather disappointing in comparison. The shaving cream scent wasn't bad by any means, but the aftershave is just so much more pronounced and I like the woodsiness that it has.

+1. I pretty much agree with all of that. Also, I only have the AS, not the cologne.

I bought the cologne from Phil at Bull Goose and I am quite pleased. It is a very fresh fragrance, but not extremely long lasting. The price is very reasonable at about $30, but the cologne does not come with an atomizer.

Also agree with the above. The A/S has a better, more nuanced citrus than the shaving cream, as well as the woods that the shaving cream lacks. The A/S is very nice, a solid "gentleman's" scent, for me it is a good daily scent and I even use the aftershave on days when I do not shave, pretty good longevity-I find it to be pretty simple in that I don't notice a lot of difference between the opening and the drydown, but that is OK for me because I like the opening!

I bought the cologne from Phil at Bull Goose and I am quite pleased. It is a very fresh fragrance, but not extremely long lasting. The price is very reasonable at about $30, but the cologne does not come with an atomizer.

My chest would disagree with this :) I used my new bottle of TOBS 'Shaving Shop' cologne this morning and its still going strong whilst i watch the 10pm evening news. However would agree its lovely fresh fragance and very old school IMHO.

i have the tobs shaving shop aftershave and it's one of my favorites. to me it smells remarkably like the opening note of penhaligon's bb; that slightly sour citrus over woods thing. it doesn't develop or change for me but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

i would also describe it as classy, refined, old school without being old man.
also lasts longer on me than most other aftershaves. i doubt i would ever feel the need to purchase the cologne for that reason.

Top Bottom