What's new

New kid in town

Well, i think i have to stop kidding myself, after trying alot of soaps (trying, not buying :lol:) i have settled down to just 3 shaving soaps/creams.

MWF
Tabac
TOBS: avocado

In that order, i coulden't believe there was actually anything that could beat tabac, i'm impressed, the only thing tabac still had over it was the lather and the smell.
The smell fades like 10 seconds after rinsing anyway, and it's not what it's supposed to do anyway.
The lather just means i just have to work it like 10 seconds longer, no big deal.

Arlington/AOS sandalwood soaps came close, and maybe some day will get added. But for 2010, this is it.

Now on to find the best AS/ASB :D

I was on the hunt for a good asb. I havent found anything better than Proraso Post Cream. Try it. the little jar will last you over a year for only $10

The L'Occitane ASBs are great, as are those from Castle Forbes, Penhaligon's.....the list goes on and on. Give us an idea about what kind of scents you are looking for, and we can point you in the right direction.

In terms of splashes and balms, some of the best products out there (IMHO) are those offered by Gentlemans' Best and St. Charles (Sue - the woman who runs St. Charles makes both products, but to different specifications).

These products in addition to having great scents and representing some of the best price:value products on the market are wonderful performers that rival anything I've tried (and I've tried a lot of splashes and balms).

Also, the added bonus is that, when you buy these products, you're supporting busineses run by members who make great contributions to B&B through their participation on this forum.

The L'Occitane ASBs are great, as are those from Castle Forbes, Penhaligon's.....the list goes on and on. Give us an idea about what kind of scents you are looking for, and we can point you in the right direction.
Oh don't worry, i'm already well informed, just need to find the time to smell some stuff, and ofc keeping an eye out for deals on BST.
The 2 i use most (by far) are: Issey Miyakey ASB and Tabac AS. Will probably order some Mama Bears Summer milk/Winter balm. (Summer in lime/lemon or mandarin and winter Sandalwood or Vanilla or the sorts)

Aqua Velva iced blue mixed with a dab of 444 ASB for a fantastic menthol hit & awsome skin care.

Excellent vaue for money, first class performer & AV scent fades "fairly" quickly - on me anyway. So you can still spruce up with a EdT.:thumbup1:

Top Bottom