What's new

Take A Deep Breath & Then Walk Into The Fire

She does not even have to do that. She can get a good laugh when I walk in the door looking like a tornado hit me. It is a bit tough getting ready each day with one arm. By the time I get to her house I look like some crazy lady with a big ball of hair hanging behind my head with two little girls looking not so "neat". :lol::lol::lol:

Sweet! You know, you two are exactly what each other need right now, along with the love of your two little'uns. You strength and positivity and love will help you both persevere. Rock on witcha bad selves! :thumbup:

I received very good news this afternoon. The CT and bone scan did not show any involvement other than previosly noted. Although the diagnosis has not changed, that it had possibly spread, was a grave concern.

My heartfelt thanks to all of you for your prayers, encouragement and words of support. I can't tell you how much it means to me.
Sue

Sue, I just found out about this recent bad news. So sorry to hear. My best, of course, for a speedy recovery.

Unless I am misreading something, these CT and bone scan results are truly excellent news aren't they? Best of luck, though. My thoughts are with you and your family.

I received very good news this afternoon. The CT and bone scan did not show any involvement other than previosly noted. Although the diagnosis has not changed, that it had possibly spread, was a grave concern.

My heartfelt thanks to all of you for your prayers, encouragement and words of support. I can't tell you how much it means to me.
Sue

I just found this Sue, and I am very sorry. I am also glad to hear the good news update. You keep fighting and we will keep praying. :thumbsup:

Holy crap Sue, this is awful... you know - the worst things always happen to the best people. Please keep us updated on your progress....

Sue, I am a cancer survivor and have been in complete remission for the last ten years. Your scan results are excellent news. Hang in there. You will get through this. My prayers are with you and your family.

- Peter

Mom and I are back from a long day at the cancer center. It looks like they are going to go forward with about 4 1/2 months of chemotherapy, followed by a mastectomy and removal of level one and two lymph nodes. After the surgery, radiation.

The cancer is inoperable right now due to size and how aggressive it is. It has already made its way into the lymph nodes in her neck behind the clavicle which they can not remove. Their hopes are that they can kill the cancer in the lymphatic system then move forward. We have a few more things to iron out before we start the process. She will need to see a Cardiologist to see if there is any weakness in her heart since the chemotherapy has a side effect of hindering heart function. Secondly she will have a port put in her chest before we get this ball rolling. We are anticipating next week for all.

Thank you for all of the prayers and support.

Sue, you and and the rest of your family have mine & my family's prayers. I hope and pray all the best for you.

Wendy, I know how strong you are, as all working mom's are with little kids (I'm married to one!)........stay strong for your Mom!

Sue and Wendy.... You are embarking on a road traveled by many. I was diagnosed in 1988 with stage 4 Colon Cancer. Chemo, Radiation, surgery, in that order. bad days, good days.... from experience I can tell you one thing... 99 % is the healing power of positive thought, and the empathy and help of those close. My prayers and thoughts are with you on this arduous journey.... lean on each other it's the most healing of all.

My prayers for complete remission

Please PM me if I can be of any help

Last edited:
Sue and Wendy.... You are embarking on a road traveled by many. I was diagnosed in 1988 with stage 4 Colon Cancer. Chemo, Radiation, surgery, in that order. bad days, good days.... from experience I can tell you one thing... 99 % is the healing power of positive thought, and the empathy and help of those close. My prayers and thoughts are with you on this arduous journey.... lean on each other it's the most healing of all.

My prayers for complete remission

There is not much more to say than this as I wipe a tear from my eye. The road ahead will be rough. But, no journey worth taking is easy. Like I said, we pray, you fight.

Top Bottom