What's new

Take A Deep Breath & Then Walk Into The Fire

You are so strong and a fighter just like my Dad. That is the reason god gave you a stage 4 cancer to fight, he knew one of the early stages would be like swatting a fly for you. God will not give us more than we can handle. Their are so many people praying for you and we will get through this. Keep in mind that love you have for your family and friends goes both ways and we will kick this in the butt. In the meantime I am coming over with my extremely cranky kids and we will have some blueberry pancakes (instead of your regular pop-tarts). Mom I love you more than words can say.

God speed Sue. You're a real Peach around here.

Can we do anything for you? How about we send you boxes of stuff for a change? :thumbup:

Sue
Sorry, but you've heard that enough. I found myself in your position about 3 months ago, (lung cancer) and simply wanted to leave you a few words that helped me then and now. Its just a group of words known as the Serinity prayer:

This to me simply means I have no control of what is going to occur, I can decide what paths I am going to take but something else is in charge of the outcome.

Good luck and God be with you during this challenge

My mother fought it and won three years ago. My aunt fought it and won last year. Doctors can do amazing things these days! Hang in there- we'll be praying for you!

Sue,

Thank you for sharing this with us. I hope that you have the speediest recovery imaginable. My thoughts and prayers will be with you every day.

I was just humbled after reading this, Sue. Not 15 minutes ago I was complaining about a stupid kidney stone. Sue, you are in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

DL

I received very good news this afternoon. The CT and bone scan did not show any involvement other than previosly noted. Although the diagnosis has not changed, that it had possibly spread, was a grave concern.

My heartfelt thanks to all of you for your prayers, encouragement and words of support. I can't tell you how much it means to me.
Sue

Laughter is the best medicine . . . pull out those old Bob Newhart albums.

She does not even have to do that. She can get a good laugh when I walk in the door looking like a tornado hit me. It is a bit tough getting ready each day with one arm. By the time I get to her house I look like some crazy lady with a big ball of hair hanging behind my head with two little girls looking not so "neat". :lol::lol::lol:

Top Bottom