What's new

Take A Deep Breath & Then Walk Into The Fire

Wendy allowed me the privilege to visit with Sue, yesterday afternoon. My wife and I spent about an hour by her bedside.

I have tried to type a post to this entire thread for the last 10 minutes and I am speechless...

Thank you Mark for doing what I don't think I could do... Geographically and otherwise.

Dear Wendy and Family,

May God's grace, love, mercy, and peace abound in your hearts during this difficult time. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

In reading this thread, it is evident that both Sue and you have a strong faith in our Lord, and are proof of His love for us all.

The Apostle Paul wrote:

And the peace of God which passes all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise: Think on these things. (Philippians 4:7-8)

Truth, honesty, justice, purity, beauty, and goodness sums up how everyone here on B&B feels about Sue.

May God Bless.

Wendy allowed me the privilege to visit with Sue, yesterday afternoon. My wife and I spent about an hour by her bedside. I was covered with hugs and kisses from Sue and we talked about the great out pouring of love and support from B&B and everyone world wide. She is overwhelmed with the cards, letters and the well wishes...from a simple soap maker to a fore-front contender in the wet shaving community, she has been amazed at the journey.

She told me that she loves each and everyone of you.

She is very weak. Her whole family was there.

I am not at ease to say this next statement...take it in a very humble way...The family was impressed to see someone from B&B to come and see her. It was an honor and a blessing for me to do so.

Wendy showed me the "dungeon" where SCS happens. I could see Sue in there cooking up new concotions for us to enjoy. You could feel "the Sue" in there...

We call her Saint Sue....after meeting her and her family...

She is an Angel....

Oh Mark... Thank You for going to see her!! and Thank You for letting us know.. That is just awesome.. I am in tears again..

Sue.. we love you!

Wendy --

Thank you for including us in these last few, intimate weeks with your mother and the rest of your family.

We appreciate you sharing everything that this time brings and for allowing us to be a part of it. Sue certainly made a lasting mark on the B&B community and she was a major factor in making it the great place that it is.

I'm glad to hear that she's at home - the best place of all - with family, friends, visitors, heck, even a B&B member, for her last moments.

She will definitely be missed here.

Mike

To Sue, Wendy & family,

I have only just found this thread. I've never had the pleasure of using any of your products and haven't enjoyed knowing you other than reading a few of your posts. It's obvious that there is great love for you & yours in this community. Having lost my mother last year, I'm saddened by your circumstance and the ensuing emotional pain you all must be going through.

Sue, I know your faith must give you comfort as you prepare to slip into what's been called " The Great Mystery" by some, and for most is a source of great distress until they accept the reality of things. My prayer is for you to experience peace and dignity when that time comes.....

Sue (mama Bear)...I saw the beautiful Gold Rose that you sent her....

Thanks for letting me know that she got it Mark... I wasn't sure and didn't want to bother Wendy... Thank you again for going to see her.. I wish I could have gone. Maybe now she knows how much we love her!! God Bless You Mark!

Wendy I love your mom so much.. she is one of the most beautiful ladies I have ever met... Tell her I love her and am going to miss her terribly, but she will always be in my heart forever... and she still needs to teach me to drive the bus and make granola..... xoxoxoxooxxo God Bless!

Last edited:
Wendy,

Thank you for the updates in this this difficult time for you. Your mom was a big part of why this site is such a great place.

My mom passed away just over a month ago and reading this has brought the sadness all back again. Some one said that it's something that you never get over, it's something you get used to. That is all too true.

I wish you and your family well in this difficult time.

God bless and keep Sue and her family. Thanks for sharing a part of your journey with us and allowing us the privilege of being a witness to the strength and love of your family. Peace in the coming days and years.

Dear Wendy and family,

I'm new to the board, so I won't ever have had the pleasure of meeting your mother, or of using her products. Nevertheless, my heart cracks looking over the posts offering her support, encouragement, and peace. I'm very lucky: my own mother is a breast cancer survivor, and we lost her brother to sarcoma this August. I know how frightened I was, and I can only imagine how awful and difficult it is for you now.

I wish you strength and warmth at this time, and I know someday you'll see her again, in the place where no shadows fall.

So sad :.( strong lady...cancer is terrible i hope one day they can somehow completely get rid of it :( my mum survived ovary cancer..alas we lost a bub ..was a terrible choice to make her life or the babies..i kinda feel your sorrow...recently my nan passed as well..i habe to remember the good things like the moldy cupcake she gave me ...i ate it anyway ;.(
disnt want to be rude..treasure your life!!! You only get one people! My god im
crying best wishes to the family friends and hope she is in a better place
<3

Top Bottom