What's new

The Bucket List

Here's mine, done some of it already; 24yo... another 40+ years to go, or if I do some of the things on the list maybe 2 years max :D No particular order (asterisk have been completed....)

1. Parachute, single not tandem,
2. Drive in the GB/BR rally,
3. Go Shark fishing,
4. Dive with Sharks,
5. Go up the WTC*, [no longer possible :thumbdown] - Awesome views.
6. Catch a pike over 20lb*
7. Catch a pike over 30lb, [anyone see a theme developing...]
8. Catch a pike over 40lb,
9. New British Record pike :D
10. Own an Aston Martin and Drive it round the Nurburgring,
11. See the Pyramids,
12. See the Chinthe,
13. Compete for Britain at something,
14. Own a Victoria Cross*,
15. Own one of everything in the MYB... nearly there....
16. Swim with GW Sharks [preferably no cage.... :lol:],
17. Save someones life,
18. Eat a rare 42oz steak in one sitting [not to be conducted at the same time as no.16],
19. Learn to fly a plane,
20. Learn ot ride a motorbike,
21. Own every Commando comic ever published,
22. See the Tora Bora mountains,
23. Visit Chernobyl,
24. Visit the Taj Mahal,
25. Publish a book, or two,
26. Get my Phd.
27. See Frankie Boyle Live (soon to be *),
28. Finish tidying the garage [don't see that ever getting finished... :D]
29. See the world most famous landmarks,
30. Finally get my blooming straight honed and ready again!

I'm sure these arn't all grown up etc. but heck I got plenty of time to add stuff, and I know i'll never get to do it all...... I'm resigned to that.

Remember, live fast, die old, and get grumpier every year.............

.Mine, I want to walk along a live Volcano's edge. (Don't ask me why, I just
proxy.php

If thou would’st stand on Etna’s burning brow,
With smoke above, and roaring flame below;
And gaze adown that molten gulf reveal’d,
Till thy soul shudder’d and thy senses reel’d:
If thou wouldst beard Niag’ra in his pride,
Or stem the billows of Propontic tide;
Scale all alone some dizzy Alpine haut,
And shriek “Excelsior!” among the snow:
Wouldst tempt all deaths, all dangers that may be–
Perils by land, and perils on the sea;
This vast round world, I say, if thou would’st view it–
Then, why the dickens don’t you go and do it?
– Henry Cholmondeley-Pennell, Puck on Pegasus, 1861

copied and pasted from www.futilitycloset.com

Last edited:
Ray you are entirely too young to be troubling yourself with a Bucket list.

I've done so many things that would normally make it on a bucket list I'll really have to think about this.

Aside from the birth of my kids and living long enough to one day hold my grandkids I can't think of anything else that I haven't done already that could come close to either of those.

Build a house and paint a self-portrait,

I think these kinds of things are silly, if someone actually takes it all to heart and invests thought and concern to how many different places they've travelled to or activities they've done, trying to rush and cram them in as if that will settle all your existential worry if you find out you're dying.. I saw the movie on a plane and it's so sickeningly sweet sentimental it makes you cringe - Like dying of cancer is plenty of fun and then you suddenly learn all these amazing things about yourself! It really trivializes something that doesn't have any objectively positive side and is just part of reality.

I think the whole fun is in being able to take things for granted - to an extent. I don't mean go nuts in destructive instant gratificaiton - but sleeping in late and wasting the odd Saturday here and there is hardly negative. Yes life is short when compared to eternity, but just sit still and look at the hands on your watch tick around for as long as you can before you can't stand it anymore, maybe you'll get to 10 minutes if you're very disciplined. It's not that short that you have to adhere to the most cliched philosophy of the modern day - 'live every day like it's your last!"..

I prefer to take life as it comes and not try and place too much concern over whether I travel to X number of countries or participate in so many dangerous fear conquering activities before I kick the bucket.

Just my opinion but to me planning out a whole bunch of things ahead of time really spoils a lot. I couldn't possibly know what particular things will bring me more enjoyment and pleasure than other ones.

Some of the most pleasant days of my life to date have been spent doing things which according to the stereotypical bucket list would be a complete waste of time in the grand scheme of things.

People say things like "I want to see Mount Everest!" I have a friend who went to see it and said it was nothing special because you're already up at such a higher altitude it really doesn't look all that amazing vs. the landscape around it. All the cookie cutter things that everybody wants to see and do aren't all they're cracked up to be. Skydiving hurts your groin as you glide down and it's super windy. Cost $215 and I wouldn't do it again.

But holding hands with some girl you like and going for a walk on a summer night when you're 18, seeing a cool documentary on the discovery channel, or testing out the new blades you got in the mail in your razor - those things actually do bring pleasure to you and I think they're more meaningful.

Every single person on Earth wants to go see the Pyramids. They're big rocks piled up high in the desert. I bet you'd have way more fun in the Bahamas for a week for 1/5th the price. Having fun and pissing your life away.

Wasting time or making the most of it, that's all just one's perspective.

Ray,

Thanks to this post I will accompany my Mom on a cruise this July. She got thinking about this cruise the second she saw this post and has not stopped. Today she got the okay from the doctor and booked it. :thumbup:

23 years old, done the ones marked with an x

1. owner/ managing editor of an indipendant magazie (life goal)
2. Shoot the cover of Vouge
3. Shoot Agyness Deyn (X)
4. Fly in an air baloon (i did it when I was like 6 not counting it)
5. Go to all 7 continants. (3 down)
6. All 50 states (49 down)
7. Be Knighted (never gonna happen but I just want to be called sir)
8. Have a hand in making at least one of my super talented freinds famous.
9. Sit front row at Yevs Saint Lauren or Chanel in paris (i've had 2nd row, and back stage at both)
10. Have my photography recongized as significant, with out ever going to collage.
11. Have my death be a trending topic on twitter.
12. have 2 women fight at my funeral.

23 years old, done the ones marked with an x

1. owner/ managing editor of an indipendant magazie (life goal)
2. Shoot the cover of Vouge
3. Shoot Agyness Deyn (X)
4. Fly in an air baloon (i did it when I was like 6 not counting it)
5. Go to all 7 continants. (3 down)
6. All 50 states (49 down)
7. Be Knighted (never gonna happen but I just want to be called sir)
8. Have a hand in making at least one of my super talented freinds famous.
9. Sit front row at Yevs Saint Lauren or Chanel in paris (i've had 2nd row, and back stage at both)
10. Have my photography recongized as significant, with out ever going to collage.
11. Have my death be a trending topic on twitter.
12. have 2 women fight at my funeral.

:lol::lol::lol:

One of the top things on my Bucket List is to drive a car. Those who know me know that I am legally blind and do not have a drivers license. I want to ride in or drive in a safe environment a Ferarri F430 or Corvette ZR1, you know Top Gear sort of stuff.

One of the top things on my Bucket List is to drive a car. Those who know me know that I am legally blind and do not have a drivers license. I want to ride in or drive in a safe environment a Ferarri F430 or Corvette ZR1, you know Top Gear sort of stuff.

Wow, that puts things in perspective. :thumbup1:

go off the grid and live in solitude no internet no phone no tv for an extended period of time. Id grow food so i could be self sufficient.

Although I used to drive cross country and had a CDL, I haven't been able to drive in quite a few years due to vision. I hate it.

There has gotta be a way for you to at least ride with someone in either of those vehicles.

Are you near a major city?
Sue

I want to ride my motorcycle from Alaska to the tip of Argentina.

I want to race in and finish the Paris to Dakar Rally even though its in South America now.

* Visit Japan during the cherry blossoms in the spring, London, and Cuba
* Listen to Vivaldis 4 seasons on a Stradivari violin in front row of Vienna Musikverein
* Get drunk with Mickey Rourke, Pablo Francisco and former Russian Counterintelligence officer
* Interrupt a meeting of a Bilderberg group with demand to leave the room for 5 minutes until I change the battery in hidden Dictaphone... and no peeking :mad3:
* Get miself a nice Japanese girlfrend who knows Yoga and kung-fu and that kind of stuff

* Visit Japan during the cherry blossoms in the spring, London, and Cuba
* Listen to Vivaldis 4 seasons on a Stradivari violin in front row of Vienna Musikverein
* Get drunk with Mickey Rourke, Pablo Francisco and former Russian Counterintelligence officer
* Interrupt a meeting of a Bilderberg group with demand to leave the room for 5 minutes until I change the battery in hidden Dictaphone... and no peeking :mad3:
* Get miself a nice Japanese girlfrend who knows Yoga and kung-fu and that kind of stuff

I kind of like the way you think.:lol:

Top Bottom