What's new

The Bucket List

Take my wife to Las Vegas and upon checking in be mistaken for a "Whale"(a player who spends an exorbitant amount of money very very rich) and be comped a suit on the best floor.

Skydiving. I'm terrified of heights, but for some reason I've always wanted to try parachuting.

Skydiving. I'm terrified of heights, but for some reason I've always wanted to try parachuting.

I'm not afraid of heights but jumping out of a perfectly good plane is just not something I have ever wanted to do. Riding a motorcycle was something I always wanted to do and I started riding four years ago at age 55.

Drag a knee while riding my sportbike
Go to an open blues jam and just rock the guitar
Visit Ireland, Germany and austrailia
Watch a motogp and f1 race in a different country
Build a custom motorcycle
Skydive

I'm sure there's more just can't think of any, I should probably write them down

1. Fly supersonic me at the controls
2. See the Milky Way (from someplace with little man made light)
3. Sail around Cape Horn
4. Cross the Equator, both tropics, and at least 1 polar circle
5. Scuba Dive with a Great White Shark, and a Sperm Whale
6. Visit Monaghan county Ireland where my family came from
7. See the Pyramids
8. Visit every continent
9. Have a job that I can't wait to get to everyday
10. Get married have kids

I'm surprised how many of us actually want to go skydiving! A few of us also have some similar travel wishes. Can you imagine a B & B field trip. Rent a bus, travel Europe stopping for beers and shave shops while doing random things off our bucket lists. Skydiving, track races, bungee jumping, etc.,. Each year it could be something different. Good Lord, imagine all the steel we'd be packing! hehe

I am also suprised by two things.
1. How many people have many of the same or similar things on their list.
2. How many things I have done that are on others list.

Things to see.....

The pyramids
Jerusalem
the Louvre
Macchu Picchu
Venice

Things to do

Diving in Micronesia
Deep sea fishing in Costa Rica
Restore a classic car
Run with the bulls in Pamplona
A weekend in NYC when money is no object - stay at one of the luxury hotels, etc. Obviously this one is a long way off :lol:

Top Bottom