What's new

Barbasol...vs the world of shave cream

http://www.barbasol.com/products.aspx?cid=2

This is my go to since I started shaving both my Grandpas used the Red can when they didn't want to fuss with the Brush and Soap. I used it for years with a Injector.

I just started using a can I bought on Clearance back in 1990 at store that was closing for 70 cents a can. When I out late and want to sleep it it is a Gillette Fatboy or my SE Gem and Barbarsol.

B

bluefoxicy

I like barbasol. If you freeze it in a dry ice freezer, then cut the can open and stick the little brick inside in someone's mailbox on a warm summer day... :lol:

After two years of wetshaving experimenting, countless hours on badger and blade, lonely nights of lather practicing, four different brushes, five creams and seven different soaps, I have come to learn one thing.....

Barbasol works the best out of all of them FOR ME.

The key words in that statement are FOR ME.

I wash my face in the shower with Nivea facewash, then put on barbasol and leave it on for the rest of my shower. I get out of the shower and shave with my HD and a crystal blade, wtg, atg, atg, oil touch up.

My face is smooth and comfortable, the clubman doesn't sting a bit! I like the smell (clean and manly) and it appriciate the fact it is what my father uses and my Grandfather used (maybe its genetics and the Barbasol works good on our family?) Simple is good for me.

I have tried tabac, vdh delux and select, williams, five different mama bears soaps, pre de provance.

Creams I've tried - AOS Sandalwood, Musgo, Proraso, TOBS Almond, Rose, Avacado, Nancy Boy, TOMS Candula, Trader Joe's Mango, Nivea Sensitive, Nivea xtremem comfort, Foamy Red, BLue, Green and Barbershop.

I've used a black handle superspeed, Feather portable, and HD.

I've used every kind of blade imaginable.

What always gets me a good bbs is Barbasol Red, and an HD with a Crystal.

It works so well for me that the brush and soap/cream route just maybe be left behind.

I know I am in the minority, but thats ok....it has been a great journey.

I like barbasol. If you freeze it in a dry ice freezer, then cut the can open and stick the little brick inside in someone's mailbox on a warm summer day... :lol:

You might be careful even though it sounds like a hoot; trashing someone's mailbox may be frowned upon by the Fed so if u do, be keerful. I don't know anything about this don't u see.

I just got back from a mini-vacation and all I took with me toiletry-wise was a can of Barbasol Yellow, a Merkur 1904 OC and a bottle of Speick A/S....great shaves everyday, convenient and not wanting for anything.

I like a brush and soap/cream like the next guy, but there really is nothing wrong with Barbasol. I like the Red version also. Both Red and yellow smell great.

Marty E.

I have not tryed anything but the Red Can I have a Big Can of Colgate that I got a long long time ago at least 20 years that I have to get it in soon.

No complaints from me about Barbarsol Shave Cream or their AS.

If I am correct Barbasol is still a private company, owned by a family in Ohio.

Sure is. On top of that, all materials are from the U.S. Below is a video which goes into more detail.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP3xLa8tXQk[/YOUTUBE]

P.S. If anyone would like to trade some Palmolive shave sticks that'd be great as I'd love to try a can of this.

Edit: Got some Barbasol on the way, thanks donkennison.

Last edited:
If I had to use canned goo, it'd be Barbasol. I used it for years before I went DE - much better on my skin than gels or other crap.

I used the one with aloe.

I thought I would add a heads up on Barbasol products; I have been using the non aerosol Barbasol for the last few weeks. Its fantastic stuff that everyone should try IMHO even better than the canned version. In fact the Barbasol tube is as good as any high end cream I have tried, including stuff like Musgo.

proxy.php

Last edited:
I thought I would add a heads up on Barbasol products; I have been using the non aerosol Barbasol for the last few weeks. Its fantastic stuff that everyone should try IMHO even better than the canned version. In fact the Barbasol tube is as good as any high end cream I have tried, including stuff like Musgo.
And where can we buy some of this? I've never seen the tube version anywhere.

proxy.php

Does it lather?

Out of all the Canned Goop, I always used Barbasol because it is cheap and actually gives a better shave then the nivea or Gillette goop... I prefer soaps but I still love the scent of Barbasol!

Cheers,

Wow, I haven't used Barbasol in a long time. Of all the canned stuff I've tried, Barbasol was pretty decent. I might have to try it again now that I actually know how to shave and see if it's better or worse than I remember.

Top Bottom