What's new

Edwin Jaggar Chatsworth Lined Safety Razor

I am looking at the Edwin Jaggar Chatworth Lined Safety Razor at the English Shaving Company. The razor is $115.83, when converted to USD. Has anyone had any experience using this razor? If so, what are your thoughts? I currently have a Merkur Vision and would like to know how the shaving experience may be different with the EJ razor.

Thanks,

DRW

I have the Muhle R89 which uses the same head (I believe). Very similar to the EJ lined chrome plated version. It's a great razor - can't say enough good things about it. Pretty pricey for the Chatsworth handle though.

I paid ~ $43 for the Muhle version. The EJ version is ~ $34. I picked up a Bullmastiff handle (very heavy) from Cooncatbob. Very sweet setup.

Very forgiving, smooth shaver. I've never used a Merkur so I can't compare.

Good luck.

I had that razor. Standard Merkur head. Weighed a ton but beautiful. I don't like big, heavy razors so I sold it.

I have the EJ Light Horn Chat and have been shaving with it for about a month. Love the fit, finish, and balance. I am currently using Iridium blades with excellent results, but am going to try Feathers, which I just got in the mail. A very nice razor!

I have had that razor for about a year . It is my favorite DE and I have tried many :001_unsur . Mine does have the newer Muehle style head. As mentioned above it is quite heavy but not as heavy as the vision you have been using.

Lou

Top Bottom