What's new

I thought of a question

It occured to me today that when I first started to look at straights, I instantly fell in love with the Spanish point. Now, I have yet to actually shave with one :blush:, but I do have one out for honing. It is entirely possible that I will find that I hate it, but I know when I was holding it I really liked the weight/balance of it.
My question was, has anyone else found this? Have you just looked at a particular style and said "that is for me"? Even if you have not actually used one?

Hmm. Tips? No not really. I find hollows around 6/8" to be the best shavers for my face though. Never really notice the tip.

I'm with you perogee - since I've become interested in straights my eye is always drawn to spanish point razors.

Spanish points are nice looking, but I don't think they necessarily shave any better.
Myself, I like square points. Nice and neat.

I'm w/ huntmol, too...gimme the dangerous 'spike' square pt and its exacting control over all others to take on a deserted island.

In the beginning of my straight days I'd cut myself with them all the time and never with the round or even Spanish point, but now I find that tip no more dangerous than the rest of it.

It occured to me today that when I first started to look at straights, I instantly fell in love with the Spanish point. Now, I have yet to actually shave with one :blush:, but I do have one out for honing. It is entirely possible that I will find that I hate it, but I know when I was holding it I really liked the weight/balance of it.
My question was, has anyone else found this? Have you just looked at a particular style and said "that is for me"? Even if you have not actually used one?

I like the looks of the Spanish Point but have yet to shave with one. Ah well, maybe the next acquisition. :drool:

Top Bottom