What's new

Help buying first paddle strop.

I just bought my first straight from a seller at StraightRazorPlace.com. It's a George Wostenhoml & Sons IXL 9/16ths, 1/4 hollow. :drool:

I need a first starter strop to go with it. I would like to get a paddle strop because I don't really have a good place to hang a strop. :blush:

Recommendations, please. If I need to provide further information to get a suitable recommendation, let me know.

Thanks.

I need a first starter strop to go with it. I would like to get a paddle strop because I don't really have a good place to hang a strop. :blush:

Not even a handy door handle? How odd...

Not really a fan of paddle strops myself, partially because I've never used one... I suppose there are a few who make 'em, or you could always attempt to make it yourself, or some such

Dovo make a good one, as do Thiers Issard. I have a Dovo paddle with CrOX on one side for touch ups. I do prefer hanging strops, the paddle is only used for light travel

Not sure of the best website for the US, but surely Classicshaving or SRD could provide something decent.

If you are set on a paddle strop check out SRP's new modular paddle strop. You can change the materials to your liking and since you are new to stropping and you accidentally cut the leather you can just replace it inexpensively. However, for a first strop, Ken Rup's Filly strop for $20 shipped is the way to go although it's not a paddle strop. Good luck! :thumbup1:

Judging from the dearth of support for the paddle strop, I decided to give up on that idea. I'll have to find a place to put up a hanging strop.

Elected to go with a Ruprazor 3" Paladin... now, I just have to figure out how I'm going to hang the darn thing! :yesnod:

Paddle strops are nice but no need unless you only use pastes for touch ups or traveling. I use a Dovo which has worked out nicely when I travel and actually just packed it last night for my trip this week.

Judging from the dearth of support for the paddle strop, I decided to give up on that idea. I'll have to find a place to put up a hanging strop.

Elected to go with a Ruprazor 3" Paladin... now, I just have to figure out how I'm going to hang the darn thing! :yesnod:

Ooooh jealous. I want one of those too, but from what I've heard, I don't really need one...but I still want one :lol:

Sombra,

I use plain, un-pasted paddle strops almost exclusively for my razor stropping.

The two (2) I use the most are the SRD 3" paddle & a 3" double sided paddle (bridle/tallow tanned leather) strop from Neil Miller (www.strop-shop.co.uk)

Best of Luck.

regards

Russ

Top Bottom