What's new

Super Speed / Bent Hinge / How to Smooth Out Scratches

I have a rocket flair tip that had a stuck door. The problem was the hinge part had been bent. I straightened it with needle nose pliers - and now it seems to work perfectly. However, having done that, the end cap covering the door hinge is scratched. Not very noticeable, but I would like to get rid of these scratches if I could. Any suggestions? Pics below

Seems like it's time for a 6 month bump :) I had the same problem trying to unbend the endcap of my Aristocrat Jr, so if anyone has any info or tips on how to remove scratches that would be very helpful.

The nickel is much harder then the underlying brass, so to remove the scratches you going to either have to use an aggressive buffing compound or w/d emery paper and your probably going to burn through the nickel plating as it's quite thin.

bob can fix it.

No he can't.
The only sure way to fix a scratched up nickel plated razor is to strip the nickel, polish the brass razor and replated it.
The plating shop the guy at my brass shop sends my parts to doesn't want to mess with TTO razors.
If you want to strip the nickel Caswell Plating sells a nickel stripper, the B-929 stripper is what you would want.
The smallest quantity they sell is 2 1/2 pounds for $26.86 and it's about $40 when you add in shipping.
I've been using it to strip Tech heads and NEW heads where the plating has come out pitted.

Top Bottom