What's new

Jawline Technique

I have been wetshaving for a few weeks now and I have just started to get a hang of things. I can get an excellent shave consistently except for underneath my jawline! My face is always a little rough there and I have had some trouble getting a closer shave. Does anyone have some tips or techniques that they find useful for their jawlines?

Bryan:

I place a wet wash cloth on my cheek and lift the skin up. This pulls the skin right below the jawline up and gives it more of a smooth surface where I can get at it a little better.

Also, pay attention to the direction the hair grows there. I have one patch that grows the different direction than the balance and I have to go at it with a different angle of attack.

welcome aboard....

i usually do three or four passes....two n-s passes....then the s-n pass....and then a e-w pass....

I have that same stubble and here is what i do....i relather right at the jaw line and then scretch the skin right next to my ear and with short strokes shave e-w...moving down the jawline and repeating....

this should produce the results that you are looking for...

mark the shoeshine boy

Welcome Bryan!:biggrin:

The pull and stretch and going with the grain are both great tips that I also use but it was not until one of the gents told me about the Bullfrog that I was able to get that area as smooth as a piece of glass.

What the Bullfrog is-pull your chin down into your chest,then shave the areas that were under your jaw!
I know its counterintuitive but it works for me so who knows what will work for you, try everything!

For my jawline, I have to do horizonal passes from ear to nose. Diagaonals don't work for me, but they do work for others. But try the horizontals if all else fails.

I'll be trying the Bullfrog tomorrow! :biggrin:

I stumbled into the bullfrog myself. This is the first I've heard of it written. But it works well. But after I do it I do another pass, exactly like the bullfrog, but with my chin jutted out away from my chest. I find the combination of the two will get you a close shave in that area.

I couldn't get any good jawline results with the bullfrog, so I tried inflating my mouth/cheeks with air and holding it while I shaved that area. It gives me a better area to shave and I get better results. Of course, on the neck area, it's useless. I have just decided there is no way to get a BBS shave on my neck, so I concentrate on not getting cuts or irritation. No one looks at that part anyway.

YMMV.

Top Bottom