Thread: whoaaaa

Default whoaaaa

so i've been using the good ol DE for a few months now. i got my angle down and lather pretty good. been gettin pretty good shaves. i just go WTG, WTG, XTG. ATG scares me ha. well i still get some nicks and burn down by the adams apple. well i read a post by a user saying he just wasn't getting the best shaves and thought it was his angle but switched his blade to a feather and it went amazing. well yesterday i did the same. i said to hell with it. a blade can't do that much damage. unless you have no idea what you're doing. so i threw in the feather. did my usual prep and lather. and did a WTG. i could hear the hair just being sliced off. not like the usual sound i get with derby's or israeli reds. i did another WTG and then, XTG. amazing shave. no irritation. none on the neck! i just take a bic sensitive single blade disposable and do touchups at the end. ahh its gettin better. now i just wanna try a gillette tech and see how that is compared to my Merkur HD. or maybe a slant as well. hmmm the possibilities are endless until i find that perfect match. here goes all my tax return money. haha

Quote Originally Posted by greenlightmike View Post
    so i've been using the good ol DE for a few months now. i got my angle down and lather pretty good. been gettin pretty good shaves. i just go WTG, WTG, XTG. ATG scares me ha. well i still get some nicks and burn down by the adams apple. well i read a post by a user saying he just wasn't getting the best shaves and thought it was his angle but switched his blade to a feather and it went amazing. well yesterday i did the same. i said to hell with it. a blade can't do that much damage. unless you have no idea what you're doing. so i threw in the feather. did my usual prep and lather. and did a WTG. i could hear the hair just being sliced off. not like the usual sound i get with derby's or israeli reds. i did another WTG and then, XTG. amazing shave. no irritation. none on the neck! i just take a bic sensitive single blade disposable and do touchups at the end. ahh its gettin better. now i just wanna try a gillette tech and see how that is compared to my Merkur HD. or maybe a slant as well. hmmm the possibilities are endless until i find that perfect match. here goes all my tax return money. haha

Amazing isn't it?! Nice work. Its a good feeling when you make a connection like that, and really feel the results.

Congratulations!! Keep it up.
    Kind Regards, Baba (Jim) "Life is only good because it's sometimes not good."

many congrats.
    -Darren

"Why go out for hamburger when you can have steak at home?" - Paul Newman

[COLOR="Red"]Member of the B&B 2011 Rudy Vey custom Brush Buy[/COLOR]

Congratulation !
    sounds exactly as I felt after my first shave with the Feather some weeks back.
    -- Joerg
    * on the [URL="http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=132909"]Journey to the perfect shave[/URL]

Congrats! Sounds like you've found a good combination there.

Pete

The great Northwest, specifically Tacoma WA
    Images

Glad you found a good combo! I'm still working through my sampler pack, so far I like sharks the best followed by iridiums, and isreli reds. The feathers seemed to irritate my face more than the rest but once I find the rest of my top contenders, the feathers will definately make it to the final round of 'cuts' before I decide on the perfect blade to match with my 38c!

Nice post. It's made me change my mind and look for a sampler pack instead of reaching straight for a 100 pack of Derby's (beginner here too).

Congrats!
    John

Good for you !!! Feathers are my favorite now !!!
    Happy Shaving
    Have a Great Day....unless you something else planned!!!

School Ahead
    Keep It Slow
    Let the Little
    Shavers Grow

Burma Shave

Congrats! Way to go!
    Irena,

Welcome, there are so many options on the razors and blades you can use, i think thats what make this fun, because if you think about it, you always have something new to try.

Images

Images

Glad it is working out for you.
    Rocco

Images

Just a warning - don't make your mind up until you've shave for a week with Feathers.
    Those babies used to give me 1 great shave, then every day thereafter would remove progressively thicker layers of skin.
    Just call me Chris.