What's new

R89 & R41 muhle heads = Merkur 33c, 1904, 38c 12c

Gents, I have a 38c & 12c, as well as a R89 & R41, also a 1904 and a 33c, for the life of me I cannot ditinguish any difference in the head geometry, blade presentation or aggressiveness of these open comb and straight bar heads, I am talking about the heads only, not handle weights etc . . .

any opinions or thoughts ?

Here is some info regarding the DE89 head, which is the same as the R89:

"The Edwin Jagger Double Edge Safety Razors have a completely new 2 part head fixture that took Neil Jagger over six months to design and approve tooling before allowing the Edwin Jagger name to be stamped into the metal collar just below the blade fittings. The head fixtures on these double edge razors are not the same as Merkur heads found on most all of the other quality double edge razors.

The English chrome plating from Sheffield is superior to any other manufacturer.

These Edwin Jagger Safety Razors are handcrafted and go through a special hard chrome process that is a beautiful and distinct "blue chrome" used by Rolls Royce. The chrome is truly distinctive when compared to the normal chrome we're all used to seeing. All Edwin Jagger razors and shaving brushes have superior fit, finish and quality not found in other brands."

From the best grooming tools post on the DE89:

http://bestgroomingtools.com/edwin-jagger-double-edge-safety-razor-lined-chrome-p-1254.html

The open comb in the Mühle OC is the same as used in the Merkur 15/25C-42N; it is made by Merkur but way better finished on the Mühle.

The safety bar head on the Mühle (& EJ) is a different design; there is a difference in the curving/ angle as well as in blade gap. Most important; shave is different. Not by much but not hard to notice.

Frankly I do not get it that you can't see/feel the difference between those when you have them all at your disposal.....

thank you for the confirmation on the OC's, the straight bars, base part look different looking at the turned over base, but the top part and the top of the base part look identical, side by side, and even interchanged. Although the Merkur is a very slightly more aggressive shave then the muhle.

Top Bottom