What's new

considered aggressive

What is considered the most aggressive non-adjustable, non-slant new DE razor I could readily buy on-line? That is, something still being made, not new old stock.

Not a lot of choices for non-adjustable. Any Merkur fixed head with a flat bar is your only choice, really.

Why do you want the most aggro razor possible?

Welcome!!

I looked at the B&B razor aggressiveness table (here) and it looks like the Edwin Jagger DE89L. I'm not sure the Feather is currently or easily available.? Noticed this is your first post and I have to ask, will this be your first razor?

The Feather Portable (brand new in box) is still very easy to find if you know where to look, but I'm not sure if they are being manufactured anymore.

I've also heard many people say they feel an HD is more aggro than an 89L but I have not tried both personally. I do think that blade gap is not the only way to measure aggressiveness. The "sweet spot" angle for the razor likely has a lot to do with it.

Thanks for your replies. I've been DE shaving my face and head for one year and I've only been able to get a bbs shave with a slant. Even when taking care to ensure the blade (derby) is loaded properly, I frequently nick my head with the slant if I'm using it for a first pass. To get the perfect nick-free bbs shave lately I've been doing 2 passes (one WTG, one XTG) with a Merkur open comb 1904, then a third ATG pass and touch-up with a slant. I've never nicked myself with the 1904 and I've never nicked myself with the slant, so long as the slant isn't used for the first pass. I can't get a bbs shave with the 1904 or with an HD or with any type of Gem, including the open comb Micromatic. So I was wondering if there was something out there (other than an adjustable) that I haven't tried which would give me a nick-free bbs shave without having to use two razors.

Most aggressive non adjustable/ non slant razor I know is the old (as in pre '09) Mühle R 89, also known as Fatip.

It is an open comb razor with a blade gap large enough to loose your finger....

Still available in various places but running out....

Top Bottom