What's new

Tech guys - Networking Issues!

Hi gents,

So my college has a printer bank that we can access via our network except I can't get to it.

Whenever I try to put in the path in the run bar it says "no network provider accepted the given network path."... Other people I know can access these printers. I think I may have some services disabled, but I'm not sure which ones to re-enable.
anyone know off the top of their head?

Thanks,

-ice

Generally you shoud add a printer in the add printer wizard. You might have to call the school tech support or tech department for some help.

P

PPlowright

Does your university run an open network and are the printers also considered 'open' as in there isn't need to be on the user list? I know at my uni, I need to log onto the network (running Vista64 Home Premium) by doing the following:
Go to Startmenu/Accessories/ and start Run. Type in your network name, should have the form "//networkname" without the quotes - your tech guys can tell you. If you need to log in, then a popup box will come up so you can put in your username and password. You can then find the path to the printer from the file system box that pops up after logging in.

This is, however, all hypothetical depending on your uni's network . . . find out if the printers are open access and if the path to them needs to the authenticated.

edit: btw, just started DE shaving . . . addicted already.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't get there from there.

You don't need to install the printer, just connecting will download the required driver.

Is your Print Spooler service running?

If the printers are connected to a print server, can you ping it? In a command prompt type ping print server name

Can you get elsewhere - out to the internet - but not to the printers? If not, can you ping your default gateway?

Last edited:
Top Bottom