What's new

Black suit @ evening reception

Dear all,

I have been invited to a wedding reception in the evening (not black tie) requiring a suit to be worn. I am thinking black with a white shirt and white linen pocket square. The question is should I go for a silver / grey tie OR a dull gold colour? In any event my wife will either wear a black/gold outfit or pink or maroon !! as usual she insists on matching her colors. Thank God I have a wide range of ties!
Should one stick with silver/Gray/ Gold or please the wife and go for pink or maroon, depending on her mood. My thoughs are silver as 1st choice and dull gold as 2nd. Also a suitable subtle cologne suggestion would be welcomed.

My opinion: I''d steer clear of anything too bright or shiny. Dull gold would look good, but dark maroon, would work very well too. Something to compliment your wife's outfit would make you a sharp looking couple.

As a guest, I would steer clear of silver unless I knew for sure that it wasn't the tie color for the groom and/or groomsmen. With any doubt about it, I'd opt for another tasteful, conservative tie that put me firmly in the guest category.

Whatever you do, don't wear a tie that makes anyone take their eyes off of the bride! You'll only get yourself hurt. :lol:

I often wear a black suit at weddings and such but usually go with a light blue shirt, with plain gold cufflinks. A white shirt is a little too much like work wear to me.

Top Bottom