What's new

Oud Cuir d'Arabie

I've never been a big fan of Aoud or any colognes based on it. Then I smelled Montale's Oud Cuir d'Arabie. Tobacco, burnt woods (but strangely no smoke) and leather - I have to have this one.

Anyone else feel this way?

I tried it before, it's very good. The oud isn't as strong as it is in some of the other Montale scents, but it's a very good leather scent IMO.

BTW, I think when you order a 100ml bottle from Montale they give you a free 20ml bottle of your choice, or something like that.

maybe I don't get ouds but from my small sample, all I got was dirty feet :scared:

They're different and the aoud note is relatively new to western perfumery and noses. I have a tough time with them. I like L'Artisan's Al Aoud, but some think the aoud is pretty thin in it. A bit cumin heavy.

Aoud is a tough note. What I really like about Oud Cuir d'Arabie is that it is a smokeless leather. Don't get me wrong, I love smokey & leathery smells. OCA is the first I've smelled which captures that animalistic, raunchy leather thing Creed's Cuir de Russie does so well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom