What's new

Mens Essentials shave soap with Aqua Velva AS...

Okay...so read the thread on building lather using the modern williams puck...with a few drops of AV...since I don't have one of those pucks around...thought it would still make for an interesting experiment...

A while ago I had picked up this blue puck from Men's Essentials in Westboro (Ottawa)...it's a glycerine based soap and though pleasant to use...the scent was gone after a few weeks...and my AD got me into some rather expensive soaps and creams (TOB, Harris...sigh) so it just sat around...

So I started by melting the soap into my old spice mug using boiling water to immerse the cup in...decided not to micro-wave...tried it before and it's a long story :)

Once it had melted, I poured in a healthy bit of Aqua Velva after-shave, a table-spoon of glycerin (well...I'm experimenting right)...and let it harden...took a while and noticed the puck was significantly larger than when I started...

Tried it this morning...well...it lubricates a little less than what it did which is weird...the smell is still very weak but definitely AV'ish...the lather quality seemed to have gone down since I had to load my BK4 for some time before attempting to produce the lather in my cereal bowl...I doubt if I'll be shaving with this soap often but it was an interesting experiment...thought I'd share....:001_tongu

Top Bottom