What's new

Gotta love EBay!!

Anybody else get irked by listings like this:

2. like new, I don't think it was ever used

3. gillette blue blade in the razor

Ummm, yeah, it's unused cuz Gillette always shipped razors with blades already in them!

I really love a beautiful Big Fellow case with the "orginal razor".....usually a crappy looking Tech Or 40's SS!!! Seen that a few times!

The last SS I won looked to be unused. Even though it came with the case and blue blade container, an unused blue blade was left in the razor leaving some rust I had to clean out. Made me wonder if the seller or previous owner decided to slide a blade out and not knowing what to do with it, put it in the razor. I was still very happy that it was in excellent condition as described.

Anybody else get irked by listings like this:

2. like new, I don't think it was ever used

3. gillette blue blade in the razor

Ummm, yeah, it's unused cuz Gillette always shipped razors with blades already in them!

Give the seller the benefit of the doubt. He may truly be dumb as a rock. :001_tt2:

- Peter

There is one on there now that talks about a former owner painting the turn knobs red or black to identify the thicker/heavier handles...

If they are going to sell...and don't know what they have...they should say just that...instead of trying to "Fake" it..."Its a Vintage Razor" was that so tough...

I also like the gold ball end Tech that was listed as "Very Rare, no box, But very rare 3 piece razor"

Or all the New Open comb that the seller IDed as a "Fat Boy"...

There is one on there now that talks about a former owner painting the turn knobs red or black to identify the thicker/heavier handles...

If they are going to sell...and don't know what they have...they should say just that...instead of trying to "Fake" it..."Its a Vintage Razor" was that so tough...

I also like the gold ball end Tech that was listed as "Very Rare, no box, But very rare 3 piece razor"

Or all the New Open comb that the seller IDed as a "Fat Boy"...

Let 'em list 'em as they wish. More "scores" for B&B, yeah?

As I said elsewhere, the best one I've seen yet started out with "This 1954 Superspeed razor is over 100 years old..." Huh???

It's easy to tell when you already know the subject but never forget that our Hobby is somewhat of an underground one.

I saw one with every possible Gillette model in the title and it wasn't a Gillette. It was like "Vintage Gillette Fatboy Slim Tech Toggle Superspeed Razor VERY RARE"

That's just to get their auction to pop up when folks search using any of those terms.

I saw one with every possible Gillette model in the title and it wasn't a Gillette. It was like "Vintage Gillette Fatboy Slim Tech Toggle Superspeed Razor VERY RARE"

I guess nothing changes. Went in an antique store last week, ask if they had any old razors. The lady, younger lady, showed me to a dressing table that had a few super speeds and a black handle adjustable. She picked up the flair tip and started my lesson. This razor was one of the first models made by gillette. The 40SS was produced later, it's not got the raised design. The adjustable fell between these two and was the only adjustable type made. The techs she had were almost new, made in the last 2-3 years. I listened intently. Knowing what was next. Least expensive one was $85.
I said Thank You and have a great day.

Top Bottom