What's new

P as a unit of measure

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Outside of testing a product who actually counts the number of swirls it takes to make lather? Even in the case of testing it is only as accurate as the person conducting the test.

Perhaps we could simply compare all future product tests to a base product and give a reference to the base, like:

"It lathers in half the time of Proraso"

Or, "This product lathers in 2Ps, (2 Proraso units or twice as long as Proraso)"

Or for the anal who still want to quantify to the nth degree, "Otto Schnelman's 357 Magnum cream lathers in 357 micro P".

What thinks Yee All?

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Me thinks that "Idle hands are the Devil's workshop".

or

Waaay too much free time on your hands:biggrin:

I'm not a counter. I'm just trying to offer some help for those who feel the need to analyze the dog snot out of products. I like sharing my product experiences but I don't keep lab notes. Comparing to a readily available base product is way easier for someone else to understand.

OK, let's see... was the "P" unit of measure developed using a standard brush? What was the temperature of the testing location? What was the humidity in the testing location? At what altitude is the tester performing the test? Is the temperature, humidity, and altitude the same for the comparison product? Oh yeah, you were mentioning swirls... What was the speed of the swirl, size of the brush, size of the shaving mug that the lather was being developed in...? Now then, what was the complexion of the tester...
Yup... maybe we go to far sometimes... but isn't it fun?

Slcsteve wrote:Me thinks that "Idle hands are the Devil's workshop".

or

Waaay too much free time on your hands

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

About spit my drink on my wife!

OK, let's see... was the "P" unit of measure developed using a standard brush? What was the temperature of the testing location? What was the humidity in the testing location? At what altitude is the tester performing the test? Is the temperature, humidity, and altitude the same for the comparison product? Oh yeah, you were mentioning swirls... What was the speed of the swirl, size of the brush, size of the shaving mug that the lather was being developed in...? Now then, what was the complexion of the tester...
Yup... maybe we go to far sometimes... but isn't it fun?

Don't forget we are going to need a water quality analysis for the precise time that the test was being conducted to compare with our own water quality! :w00t:

Slcsteve wrote:Me thinks that "Idle hands are the Devil's workshop".

or

Waaay too much free time on your hands

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

About spit my drink on my wife!

Welcome to B&B, grb!

I think that the spitting of drinks would be more appropriate in the "Spew Easy" Forum.... errrrmm... Sorry, I meant "Speak Easy". :wink:

By the way, what's the Point of this Post?

chop-chop

Dennis,

I think you've got a good idea for your reviews. The point of a review is to relate your experience with a product. If the "P" (based on Proraso or another similar baseline-type product) measurement helps you articulate that information, then why not use it.

I'm not a counter. I'm just trying to offer some help for those who feel the need to analyze the dog snot out of products. I like sharing my product experiences but I don't keep lab notes. Comparing to a readily available base product is way easier for someone else to understand.

Wait- which products have dog snot in them?! And what qualities does that particular ingredient lend to shaving supplies? 'cause frankly, it's a little gross.

Top Bottom