What's new

What is the Best Shave soap you've ever tried.

Looking like the top dogs so far are AOS sandlewood, tabac, Vintage Yardley and MWF. Keep em coming. All you vintage Pens fans need to get in here.

Others that have multiple supporters: Gold Dachs, Mama B, Old Spice, La toya, Vintage Pens, Cade, Arko

I'm ignoring the Creams and Croaps. Sorry, but I wanna see good old fashioned Puck/stick opinions. Omega/Proraso and Cella are the ones that have 2+ mentions though for those interested.

Last edited:
I toss in for CADE. It and PdP are my top favorites of all my soaps. I tend to alternate these, but if pressed I could live with CADE forever.

Arko shave stick :thumbup1:

I hesitated on this one but in the end (I tossed a coin...:biggrin:..) I just have to agree.

Cella and P.160 are great too, especially in winter, and I would miss those dearly but I would never want to be out of Arko!! :001_tt2:

I hesitated on this one but in the end (I tossed a coin...:biggrin:..) I just have to agree.

Cella and P.160 are great too, especially in winter, and I would miss those dearly but I would never want to be out of Arko!! :001_tt2:

Glad I'm not the only one.

+1 for arko!

Well, I've tried "only" five kinds of soaps so far. I have another four on deck, but none of these are the ones people tend to rave about around here (well, maybe Valobra). No MWF, no Tabac, no TOBS. Have used Proraso cream, but not the soap. Actually I tried a sample of Tabac cream, too, but didn't like it. But we're talking soap, not cream.

Out of the ones that I have tried, VdH. Comparative absence of odor, lathers great, and it's cheap. As a matter of fact, since I can get it in bulk on Amazon, I do have a pretty big stockpile of it. This is the "regular"; I have some of the deluxe but haven't used it yet.

cedarfurnitureman's old-fashioned handmade shaving soap (secret recipe handed down from his grandmother).

Last edited:
Hmm. I think this stuff must be pretty good. I'm surprised to see how many out of production soaps are on this list.

Those were the good old days. Yardley, Wrisleys, Paislays, Colgate, Williams, Old Spice.....They really took care of our fathers and grandfathers.

Top Bottom