What's new

New Brush, Old Whisky

Just a quick picture to show my new B&B Faux Horn Finest Silvertip brush and a small sample of my Whisky collection :biggrin:
full

Last edited by a moderator:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Do you have the 'regular' versions of the various scotches? How do these special ones compare?

Don't make us drool for nothin' ...

Do you have the 'regular' versions of the various scotches? How do these special ones compare?

Don't make us drool for nothin' ...

Those ones that you see there haven't been opened yet but they are due to be opened soon, especially the 1977 Glenmorangie which will be opened on my 30th Birthday in July.
Lagavulin is my current favourite malt so I asked for the Limited Edition for Christmas to compare so I'll let you know when I've tried it. I have tried bottles of Glenfididch 15YO and 18YO both of which I liked very much 18YO is my favourite of those two, very well balanced and smooth, so I bought the Toasted Oak finish to compare it to the other two I had tried.
The Glenkinchie I bought in Edinburgh last year after a visit to the Whisky Museum where they give you a Glencairn glass and £2 Off a bottle of Whisky from their shop so I chose that one because I have never tried it and it is a limited edition.
I also have in the cupboard for a special occasion a bottle of Glenfiddich 1991 Vintage Reserve Limited Edition that I bought because it was cheap about two years ago and have seen it on Ebay last year for twice the price. And in the cupboard that I am currently drinking I have a bottle of Old Pultney which I like on these dark winter nights because it is very warming and I have a bottle of Glenmorangie Sherry Cask finish which is smooth with a sweet edge to it which makes a very nice change to regular Glenmorangie.

Hope that helps:biggrin:
Cheers
Phil

Top Bottom