What's new

What 1911

Love my Kimber! I would not hesitate to recomend them. And Ferengi... if it all works out those of us here in Az will be able to carry concealed NO PERMIT!!!!! Woo Hoo!!
Sorry just had two add my 2 cents.

AZ is one of the states I've been thinking of moving to (the other alternatives being NM or UT)....this is making the AZ proposition look more and more attractive. Can I have the name of this bill or a link to a site tracking the progress it's making?

EDIT: I apologize, I'm not attempting to hi-jack the thread!

It really just depends on the size of your hands. I have huge hands (XXL glove size) but stubby fingers and long, wedge-shaped palms and the Commander fits my grip much better . . . but nowhere near as well as the Sig P220.

Put Hogue grips on a Sig and I can shoot through the same hole all damn day.

NANP™

It really just depends on the size of your hands. I have huge hands (XXL glove size) but stubby fingers and long, wedge-shaped palms and the Commander fits my grip much better . . . but nowhere near as well as the Sig P220.

Put Hogue grips on a Sig and I can shoot through the same hole all damn day.

NANP™

+one million.

Whatever a gun shows on paper, whatever it can do from a Ransom Rest, and how much energy it delivers upon impact, has *** All to do with how good a gun it is.

If the only thing that fits your hand and that you can shoot accurately is a Ruger Single Six in .22, then that is the only gun you should even think about carrying.

No offense taken. They're working on that though. The plan is to have the serial number of the gun micro-stamped on the case when the gun is fired! :thumbdown

I dont think that is going to fly according to CRPA do to unreliable technology (Thank God). But more to the point, if you want a 1911 just to shoot or carry while on duty, go with the full size. It points a little better and comes back on target quicker with the extra weight. If you are going to use it for off duty/concealed, go with the Commander. I have to agree that a purchase of both is probably the wise move. larry

You've probably already purchased the gun you decided on, but I thought I'd still chip in my 2 cents...

The full size gives you a better sight radius. The big problem with concealment isn't so much the barrel length as the handle. If you're going to print a 1911, it's almost always the handle. Check out the Dan Wesson Bobtail, I've heard only good things.

But more importantly, pick the one you think you'll carry more often. Whatever compromises the design includes, the one you have with you is better than the one you left at home because it was too big/heavy/hard to hide.

Anyway, I hope you're happy with your purchase...

Best,

Boomer

Whatever fits/is most comfortable in your hand should be a primary concern. A crisp trigger not exceeding five pounds will also be a good idea.

Strange how beginning with the Gun Control Act firearms legislation and crimes committed with firearms have increased in every "asspect". Cause and effect? Does anyone wonder why? Feel good legislation? Sociological stupidity? Misplaced blame (on firearms)?

I really like my Kimber Tactical Custom II. It is a full size and it is my carry gun. It has an aluminum alloy frame so it is a little bit lighter. With the right holster it is very easy to conceal comfortably year round. Look for a Milt Sparks VMII or a American Rear Guard holster.

The Tac Cuctom II is AMAZING. My buddy just got one and the trigger is so smooth. I did end up ordering the Smith in full size. I don't know when it will be in though. I am surprised with how the Colt Double Eagle fires. It's very accurate and has a similar feel to the 1911.

I went with a Colt Combat Commander and couldn't be happier. I even made a few sets of grips for her out of some different exotic woods. I would caution anyone considering a Colt semi-auto to inspect it carefully, as they had a few quality control issues with slide-rub a while back.

Brommeland gunleather offers awesome holsters for commanders as well as other guns of course. I alternate between a Max Con V and a Sparks VMII.

Top Bottom