What's new

best glue for replacing a knot

hey all of you knotheads out there

the knot came loose from my wife's pewter c&e today

it's firmly inside an inner ring - metal of some sort - that fits inside the handle

no damage to anything that i can see

what's the best thing to use to cement it back in there?

any help much appreciated

I'll typically use marine epoxy, but if you have any five-minute epoxy lying around that'll work just fine. Anyway, you should be able to find epoxy just about anywhere: hardware stores, Walmart, Home Depot, and Lowe's just to name a few.

I'll typically use marine epoxy, but if you have any five-minute epoxy lying around that'll work just fine. Anyway, you should be able to find epoxy just about anywhere: hardware stores, Walmart, Home Depot, and Lowe's just to name a few.

Yep, I've even seen it at Stop & Shop.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I use Devcon 5 min 2-part epoxy, can be found in many stores. I get mine in a specialty tool store, but supposedly Walmart carries it as well.

I use the Devcon 2 ton clear waterproof epoxy. The local hardware store (Ace Hardware) carries it. I think the set time is 30 mins. IMO, it works very well.

I found some 5-minute epoxy by Super-Glue that's been in a workbench drawer for years. It worked just fine on two brushes.

An electronics lab where I used to work has all varieties of Hardman epoxy in one-use envelopes. They used it for covering and protecting instrumentation that was exposed to the elements, among other things. It was great for assembling golf clubs, but all the people I knew there have retired...

Top Bottom