What's new

Show me your razor blade bank!

I'd like to start a thread exclusively devoted to pictures of where you are storing your old used blades. I've been using the backs of the dispenser cartridges but with more blades in a cardboard box this isn't working for me. I debated the soup can homemade version, but I wanted something that would blend in on my counter top. I just got this bank off daBay but it is not here yet. But I was curious about what you all used.

So show me where your blunt dirty blades are going, homemade or not!!

It cost me about 4 bucks (20 NOK). I added a few things for you for size comparisons. The razor's a Merkur HD, there's a brush there, and proraso green tube. A few things you know the approximate size of:smile:

Bottom line, I'll have that blade bank for years and years:biggrin1::biggrin1:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Here's mine. I am proud to say that the image is also being used by the shaveWiki. The, er, big green arrow is not actually present in the cabinet...

hehe, that's one nice bank. Is that right into the furniture? nice!

Yep, it's a part of the original medicine cabinet in my house (built in the 1950's). After I drop the blade in the slot, it disappears into a hoary netherworld never to be seen by mankind again. :wink2:

proxy.php

Here's mine. I am proud to say that the image is also being used by the shaveWiki. The, er, big green arrow is not actually present in the cabinet...

I've seen those. I have to say the most impressive one I have ever seen was in a house where the razor blades were actually backing up out of the wall! :scared:

-CCM

I have remodeled many houses with these slots, and it is a mess when you open the wall. The best way to get rid of them after that is a shop vac, a bag in the shop vac, and a big hose.

My bank is a SHARPS container. Needless to say, it takes up a lot of room and I'll never fill it in this lifetime.

DL

I have remodeled many houses with these slots, and it is a mess when you open the wall. The best way to get rid of them after that is a shop vac, a bag in the shop vac, and a big hose.

Very nice!! I love seeing the ones people have personally customized. My granfather's house had a razor slot in the built in medicine cabinent (built in the early 1900's but now torn down and gone forever.:sad:

Oh, and that mustard jar looks like it was almost made to be a blade bank!!

Top Bottom