What's new

Show me your razor blade bank!

It is in excellent condition, I like to collect many things, guns, cars, etc. I do shoot my extremely rare guns still and drive my cars however. It's the joy I get from using them in my hands that I appreciate, not putting them in a box or on a shelf never to be seen. I have already used the talc and Aqua Velva, when they run out I will simply replace new Aqua Velva in the bottle and keep using it, it definitely beats the new plastic bottles!

I love how it says first and foremost that it keeps off the dirt!

$20160408_140723.jpg

Last edited:
It is in excellent condition, I like to collect many things, guns, cars, etc. I do shoot my extremely rare guns still and drive my cars however. It's the joy I get from using them in my hands that I appreciate, not putting them in a box or on a shelf never to be seen. I have already used the talc and Aqua Velva, when they run out I will simply replace new Aqua Velva in the bottle and keep using it, it definitely beats the new plastic bottles!

I love how it says first and foremost that it keeps off the dirt!

View attachment 650523

Ok cool you have a point

Fixed your image. What is this blade bank called or does it have any kind of brand name? It looks cool

View attachment 635197

These were called Post Office money (or coin) banks. Do a search in Ebay UK , you'll see loads. Some are even in the shape of books. They were used to encourage saving - some of these had a lock at the back and the key was held at the post office. When they were filled (with coins) you took it down to your local post office, to make a deposit.

Oh the good 'ol days (we're talking post war).

They make cool blade banks.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Lots of cool creations, mine is less creative, I just have this piggy bank:
$IMG_0168.jpg
That I picked up for $1 at Niagara Falls in one of those gift shops. It's pretty tiny (about tennis ball size) but should hold a ton of blades.

$blik.jpg I prefer recycling, which means storing it in a metal container. When I started with DE shaving, my GF bought a pack of mini (150ml) Coca-Cola cans, so I drank one and used that for used blade storage ever since.

I got this little jar at a kitchen supplies store. Not sure what it's supposed to be for but it works well for old blades.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 197
Thanks. It's a Maggard's synthetic. So cheap - $10, if i recall correctly. Still think I'd like a boar better, with a little more backbone. Have one on order now. :)

Same idea as many other posters. I just wanted to mention that you can glue the lid shut so that it cannot be opened by little hands.

proxy.php

Top Bottom