What's new

Zorrik blades-Now I understand!

I saw some on the 'bay, 1 cent per 100! (Plus $7.50 for shipping)
I had one to try, thanks to another fine B&B member.
I didn't even get ONE shave out of it!
NOW I UNDERSTAND!

They weren't bad for me, just dull. I found them to lie in the same class as the Dorco 301 and the ASR Blue Personna - smooth but too dull for my beard.

I got some of these in a blade sampler.
I tried one in my merkur futur. On looking at my excel spreadsheet (Sad, I know), I've commented that it is "useable but not very good".

That's about the most damning statement I've made about a blade.
only the Dinosaur blades are worse ...and I bought a 100 of them (£5 including postage).

I got some of these in a blade sampler.
I tried one in my merkur futur. On looking at my excel spreadsheet (Sad, I know), I've commented that it is "useable but not very good".

I have been thinking about doing an Excel spreadsheet with all my trial blade data also! I then decided that I must have too much time on my hands, and will just go from memory!:001_rolle

I got a pack of Zorriks with a sampler, and finally got around to trying one this morning. They can't be that bad, I thought. I'll use it in a SuperSpeed, I thought. Something nice and easy. The SuperSpeed can shave great with any blade, I thought.

I thought wrong.

Zorriks are flat horrible. Pulling, tugging, nicks, more blood than a Gem Micromatic. Like shaving with a vegetable peeler. I do have to say I completed the shave, and after three passes my face was pretty smooth (the uncut portions of it, anyway), but I attribute that more to the virtues of the SuperSpeed than anything else.

I am simply discarding the rest of the pack, unless anyone else is a glutton for punishment, in which case I'll send them to you. But don't say you weren't warned.

...but as with all bad blades I try, my first thought is "must just be my technique." Glad to know I'm not alone, though these did work great when used to open a pack of 7 o'clock yellows.

I've tried this blade and I felt while it wasn't a very good blade, wasn't terrible. However, I can't discount the fact the many find them to be subpar at best.

Wow, I guess this thread has attracted all the naysayers. I certainly don't find them to be the best blade in the den, but I have no problem with them in several different razors. It's not the sharpest, but I can say that I've never been bitten by the Zorrik. Truly a case of YMMV. Pool all those Zorrik's and send them this way:lol:

this is weird, as i love the zorrick blades. I have a thin skin especially on the throat and normally bleed somewhere but not with the zorricks. ye ha! all the more for me!
if ya want to sell some send me a message.

Top Bottom