What's new

My first slant razor is ordered!!!

Purchased a Merkur 39c from timothy edwards last night will let you all know when i get it and how the shaves go too.
My first slant bar razor i am really excited about this one!!!:thumbup:

Purchased a Merkur 39c from timothy edwards last night will let you all know when i get it and how the shaves go too.
My first slant bar razor i am really excited about this one!!!:thumbup:

Way to go buddy !! I have a 37G and get the most effortless and smooth shaves from the razor. Its fairly easy to use and is not the "horror machine" as it is made out to be in some posts !!!

Thanks Beyboo, i don't mind the bad stories i will try the razor for myself and see how it goes,besides there are far more good reports about the Merkur slant razors (both 37c and 39c) than there are bad :wink2:

I've been shaving with the 39c slant for approximately ten days, out of the thirty or so, since I started DE shaving. It is my favorite razor along with my Gillette New.
After a few days of initial caution, shaving with the slant becomes second nature.

My best, most comfortable shaves so far have been with the slant.
It would have been a total RAD killer, if open combed razors didn't exist.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks all like i said i will let you know when iget it and also how the first shave goes, by the way i just had my first shave tonight using a feather blade and i posted a report in the blades section of this forum check it out :biggrin1:

Just received a slant last week and after 4 shaves with it, I've gotta say I'm very impressed. It shaves smooth and close. One of the best wetshaving 'investments' I've made.

Pete

I am very intrigued by the slant. Are there any others in current production besides the Merkur 37c and 39c? I like the 39c a lot but was wondering if there are others to consider? It seems as though any others would be strictly vintage.

Top Bottom