What's new

Here is a tough one

Years ago I remember having a shaving brush that had a soft tube in the center for shaving cream and used a cartridge for refill. I can't remember the brand or much about it. The refill was pretty much the handle.

Anyone remember it?

mrscottishman

kind of a grayish-brown tube with burgundy lettering?

Well might be. It was so long ago and I don't remember the details, but while trying to pick out a shaving brush I remembered that several decades ago someone gave me this thing that had the shaving cream in the handle. I don't remember it being practical. Just going back in shaving time.

thanks,
mrscottishman

Gillette Brush Plus. Saw one at a local antique store a couple of weeks ago.

That is it. Check this quote out: A Brush Plus Cream

Gillette has a $12 million marketing and advertising campaign for its Brush Plus, the newest entry in the crowded, $200 million-a-year shaving cream market. Brush Plus combines a brush with a shaving cream cartridge that will retail for $6.29. A refill cartridge with two ounces of shaving cream concentrate costs $2.29.

12 mil $ plus R & D and production costs in 1980's dollars. Was it on the market over a year?

Didn't seem to last long per cartridge, the handle was awkward and the refills hard to find and expensive. Other than that it worked great!

My newest invention: Roll on shaving cream! With Nair plus. Lathers, Lubricates, deodorizes and eats the beard up. :cursing:

mrscottishman

Top Bottom