What's new

Swedish Gillettes

I ordered some of the Swedish Gillettes a few weeks ago, and just now recieved them. I now understand why they took so long. First thing that surprised me was that they were in a USPS padded envelope (I ordered them form the UK), and then I opened the envelope to discover a sealed plastic bag with 10 ounces of water and my blades. Apparently, somewhere along the journey my package much have been dropped in the Atlantic. I tried to dry the blades the best I could, so I guess I will have to wait and see what happens.

I thought about it but haven't yet. I figure that it was the courier's fault, not the vendor.

Put them between two pieces of paper towels and press the paper towels to the objects. The towels will abosorb the watter. Then let them sit out in the open, the room's air will dry it out then clean them, possibly boiling in watter.

Hmmm:sneaky2:, sounds suspicious to me, Water......sealed bag??? The water must have been there from the point of packaging or else it's been tampered with.

Dan,

Sorry to read about your misfortune!

I would hate to think that it was done at the vendor's. It sounds like it's a courier issue... or, if the package was opened, the water could have been added by a custom's agent with a sick sense of humor. The package would have been re-taped, if it was done in customs. Since you've opened the water-filled bag, you've taken away the evidence of mishandling or wrong-doing. I would still contact the vendor to let them know about it.

Were they mine, I'm not so sure that I would want to use the blades. Please do let us know if you get any kind of resolve. Thanks, Dan!

chop-chop

It was tampered with, by the USPS. They repacked the blades with the water and a nice note saying "Sorry we destroyed your package, have a nice day!"

It was tampered with, by the USPS. They repacked the blades with the water and a nice note saying "Sorry we destroyed your package, have a nice day!"

I'd bring it back to your local PO and explain your dissatisfaction.

I emailed the vendor to let them know; I don't expect that they can really do anything though. I am really nervous about using the blades. Who knows what else was in that water?

Unfortunately, I threw away the packaging without really thinking because I just assumed that nothing could be done about the situation.

thats actually the main reason you shouldnt use the blades unless you soak them in alcohol, germs

you really dont want to shave your face with a razor blade that might have some kind of REALLY bad bacteria on it do you?

ive seen staph infections, they are not pretty

I emailed the vendor just to let them know what happened, and they are sending me replacements. I was not expecting that!

Top Bottom