What's new

How often do you get a new wallet?

Received a Saddleback medium bifold wallet for Christmas to replace my previous department store leather wallet that was totally falling apart after about 4 years.
This Saddleback wallet is built like a tank, and have no doubt that it will be the last wallet I'll need.

I used to get a new one about every 2 years when it fell apart. I switched to a front pocket thin style from Mitchell and am on 3 years and it's got many years left.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Mine is a geoffrey beene tri fold. leather. i've had it for at least 10 years now. some wear on the corners but no where near needing to be replaced yet. plus most of my jeans have the back pocket fitted for this wallet, they have the faded white outline of my wallet in the back pocket. i'm afraid i'd have to replace my jeans as well. and they are darn comfy after all these years.

Have had a minimalist wallet, really just the size for business cards and credit cards. Switched between front and back pockets. It wore like steel, was Tumi. Then I got to where it was only in my front pocket but sat sideways. Then I saw this one and bought it right away. When I got it I took it to my local shoe repair shop and had him cut it in half as I didn't need all it had in it. I love the thing, it is a Rogue Wallet made right here in the USA in Maine. Fits the curve of my front pocket like it was made for it - highly recommended!

proxy.php

i remember dad's wallets lasting forever, but he wore suits everyday - much easier on the leather, i suppose. my wallets, presuming i do not lose them, generally last 4-5 years. however i continue to wear mine going down log flumes and lord knows whatever other ridiculous activities.

^^^^ F Vuitton. I was never one for pricey wallets, but an ex GF talked me into splurging on the Ferragamo below. I thought I was nuts for buying it. Now, about five years later, it still looks exactly like it did new. I could lay it on the counter next to a new one not see much, if any difference. That dude Salvatore knows his leather. There's something about the crenulated treatment that makes this thing last like crazy.

I'm not easy on a wallet either. This thing goes with me everywhere, all the time, everyday. I don't easily rave about things, but this thing has amazed me.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Salva...nements%3D&eItemId=prod42450056&cmCat=product

Last edited:
Top Bottom