What's new

Magnetic Cutlery Co

I just purchased my first straight razor and I am trying to find out more information on the manufacturer. On one side of the steel between the hinge pin and the blade there is the text "The Magnetic" and a picture of what appears to be a wooden cask or keg with a tap in the end. On the other side it says "Magnetic Cutlery CO". I believe the scales are original and appear to be bakelite. Googling has turned up no info. Thanks in advance for any information you can offer.

Pete

random shards of info:

Magnetic Cutlery Co 1013 Arch st. Philadelphia

Otto and Frank Maussner 1900-1932 (Philadelphia, PA)

Doesn't seem to be much info out there on the etherweb - maybe someone who owns one will chime in.

Thanks for your reply. Upon closer examination the steel also has the country Germany engraved upon it.

As an aside, due to no fault of my own, a part of one of the scales has cracked and broken off. this has led me down the path of making new ones. I am using maple wood and they have the first coat of polyurethane on them now. In the meanwhile I am practicing pinning on a scrap.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Very interesting make of blade. "Magnetism" was a huge marketing thing . . . much like "space age" was in the 60's.

On one side of the steel between the hinge pin and the blade there is the text "The Magnetic" and a picture of what appears to be a wooden cask or keg with a tap in the end.

Strange. That picture sounds exactly the "D. Peres" logo, a very nice straight razor manufacturer from Solingen.

Top Bottom