What's new

Gillette 7 o'clocks et al?

Ok, so I think I really enjoyed shaving with 1 blade of the 7 O'clock Perma Sharps (one of the green packaging).

Can anyone tell me where I can buy more in bulk or someone that carries them? Only found 1 place.

2nd part is what blade would you say is similar to Perma shrap (green but not stainless) or a 7 Oclock yellow pack?

Last edited:
2nd part is what blade would you say is similar to Perma shrap (green but not stainless) or a 7 Oclock yellow pack?

Super Iridiums are on par and very similar to the Yellows, IMO. They can be found from the same noted vendors, or the "banned British vendor" (don't ask...). Made in the same factor in St. Petersberg Russia as the yellows and greens. Also you might consider the 7 O'Clock blacks, made in India.

You can get the greens on eBay from ntguys. That's where I got mine. Just do a search for Gillette 7 o'clock. He's currently got them for $16.99/100 with free shipping.

Follow up question...

Whats the difference between the permasharp greens and the stainless steel greens?

Permasharp is Indian, Super Stainless is Russian. The blades are similar in feel, but some people feel the difference more than others. They're both good blades, you'll just sometimes find one easier to obtain or find you have a preference after trying each of them.

Permasharp is Indian, Super Stainless is Russian. The blades are similar in feel, but some people feel the difference more than others. They're both good blades, you'll just sometimes find one easier to obtain or find you have a preference after trying each of them.

+1 I like the Indians best.

Top Bottom