What's new

Review of QED MAN French Green Clay.....

Marion,

Yes. My face is pinkish red when the I wash off the clay mask, and Charles said that's pretty normal due to the blood rushing to your face. However, I don't believe your face should feel sunburned. That doesn't seem normal. Are you sure it just wasn't flushed red and a bit sensitive?

Usually, once I rinse off the clay mask, I make sure to rinse my face with cold water and then go lay back down on my bed in front of a fan blowing on my face (usually this puts me to sleep in the evening).

If you feel a bit uneasy/uncomfortable with the mask, I'd email Charles at QED and tell him about your experience and I'm sure he can give you some direction

Hmmm. . .read this review initially some months back, but am glad it got bumped back up. Maybe I'll give it a try!

This is not your average "powder-puff" clay mask. This stuff is the REAL DEAL. If there are ANY impurities lurking beneath your skin, this will remove all of it. I don't know if this stuff is guaranteed to remove impurties, but it probably could be. The whole experience was very relaxing, from mixing the slurry, to sitting back while it dried, to the feeling as though a new layer of skin had just surfaced.

Note: I did not have any facial flushing after using this. During use, your skin will feel as though its being tightened as the clay dried, but this is part of the relaxation aspect of using the mask.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I will be mailing QED today to get shipping rates of their products to Europe and try his sticks, tubs and clay out.

One of the disadvantages of living in Europe is that it often takes 1 to 2 weeks before shipments arrive out of the US. Not a single store in Belgium has decent products (except for one or two) like the creams and other things that are reviewed over here so I'll have to make a habit from directly ordering from the US into Europe. I could always let the shipments go to my employers office in Atlanta but even then I'll have to wait until I get there (typically once every 4 to 6 months) which is too long. When I have my mind set to trying something out, I want it immediately (a week or 2 will do as well) and not having to wait months and months in a row.

Damnit, I should have never stumbled upon this forum... I hate you guys! :biggrin:

LOL, you boys have motivated me. I have several clays as I make my own bath products and honestly I did not even think to use the clay as a mask. Well I did the mask with the french green clay and holy moly did that thing draw out everything. I have oily skin and it made me feel like I needed to moisturize afterwards. I don't think a person with dry skin would tolerate this mask very well. If I use this clay again I would use some chamomile tea or herbal infusion (comfrey comes to mind) as the liquid. That should make the mask soothing as well as drawing. Next I will try the Moroccan red clay, then the bentonite, and then the kaolin each with various infusions. Suddenly this is very interesting.
By the way a nice site for clays and herbs is herbalcom.com very good prices and 5$ for shipping no matter the size of the order. I have bought things there several times and have never been disappointed.
J

Just got some of the clay in yesterday (along with some other STUFF) and used for the first time last night.

Anyone know how often you can use this stuff? Cuz I think I'll want to use it every night!

I mixed it with Da Vinci water so I could get a 'base line'. Next time I will try it with some bottled water to see if I can tell any difference.

I didn't have burning during, or flushing after, but while the clay was on my face you could certainly feel it getting tight! Almost to a point of not being comfortable.

This morning my skin IS very soft and balanced.

A+ product. And for $8.95!? Are you kidding me?

Hello Aaron,

I used to use the QED Clay once a week. I think it will be too much on your face to use daily.

I have sinced switched to the Nancy Boy Replenishing Face Mask. It has cucumber extract in it along with french green clay. And it is gentle enough to use everyday. It goes on much lighter then the QED clay, almost transparent with a tint of green from the clay.

I use it everyday before I shower in the evening. After the shower, I normally spray on some cucumber toner from Bella Luce and apply some Nancy Boy Daily Face Moisturizer, also cucumber scented. I am good for a relaxing evening.

I reserve the QED clay for when I need a heavy-duty skin replenishment, like after a day of fishing or working all day in the yard.

Just personal preference.

Cheers,
Richard
Up the Road from you in Plano

I use it once a week as well...just used it last night in fact. Makes my face feel great. Might have to try those NB products for the off days.

Coche_y_bondhu said:
Hello Aaron,

I used to use the QED Clay once a week. I think it will be too much on your face to use daily.

I have sinced switched to the Nancy Boy Replenishing Face Mask. It has cucumber extract in it along with french green clay. And it is gentle enough to use everyday. It goes on much lighter then the QED clay, almost transparent with a tint of green from the clay.

I use it everyday before I shower in the evening. After the shower, I normally spray on some cucumber toner from Bella Luce and apply some Nancy Boy Daily Face Moisturizer, also cucumber scented. I am good for a relaxing evening.

I reserve the QED clay for when I need a heavy-duty skin replenishment, like after a day of fishing or working all day in the yard.

Just personal preference.

Cheers,
Richard
Up the Road from you in Plano

Richard,

I recently tried a sample of NB toning face mask and really enjoyed it. Maybe it would be a good idea to leave the QED for periodic treatment and use the NB more often.

Thanks

Hello Bob and Aaron,

Yes, that is a good choice. Reserve the QED clay for occasional use and use the NB mask daily.

Right after my morning shave, I apply Neutrogena sunblock lotion. So by the end of the day around 700pm or so, I am ready to get the day's "grime" off my face. So I use some Neutrogena Daily Face Scrub to wash off the sunblock, leave my face wet and apply the NB mask. I lay down for about 30minutes just to unwind and then shower afterwards. My sound machine is on in the background with ocean waves! It is relaxing at the end of a work day.

I suggested to Eric at NB to market a daily face scrub to complement their daily mild facial cleanser (which I use every morning prior to shaving) and a cucumber toner as well. We will see.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

Anyone using this that has dry skin? I'd be hip to give this a whirl but I already have really dry skin. Any comments on moisterizers for after the treatment?

I don't have dry skin, but I do find that the green clay is a bit drying, even with use of the Da Vinci Water. I have the MaleFace moisturizer that I apply after the Green Clay. It works really well. BTW Charles does recommend that people use something after the clay treatment to moisturize the skin.

Maybe you should also look into changing your face wash. Something that is more mild and moisturizes. Maybe an olive oil soap, or a soap with shea butter. I use Papoutsanis olive oil soap and find it fantastic (and cheap too at $1.35 for a 250gr. bar).

Good Grief... Seems I can't go more then a day or two of reading these forums that I don't find something else I just have to order... :eek: Ordered a pound of clay and a 9oz of Da Vinci to go with it. Also ordered up a bottle of the QED Aftershave Conditioner. Looks like a good product and pretty inexpensive to boot...

I couldn't find it on the site to order, except for one spot that did not have a link. Is it a phone in order?

Top Bottom