What's new

Review of QED MAN French Green Clay.....

P1010114.JPG

Gents,
First let me say, when this product first arrived, I was somewhat disappointed.... not just that it came in a plain plastic bag - but ::Gasp:: it was a powder! Well... what the heck do I do with this stuff? Ahhh what a mess, what a pain, and what a mistake having bought this stuff. I began reading the 2 page leaflet that came with the clay, and still, was wildly unimpressed - especially when I found out I had to mix the stuff on my own (what a pain in the neck) AND that it was recommended to use QED DaVinci water. Well - I had tried the DaVinci water, and really enjoyed it - and thought to myself - no friggin' way am I going to waste this lovely stuff on some meterosexual clay! Oh the humanity!

Well - I mixed the powder up with some bottled water - as per the instructions recommend - and albeit a touch messy and inconvenient, it really wasn't too bad at all. Well - I slathered the stuff on.... and well - I was shocked. Other "muds" and clays - you apply, and they dry, leave a "film" then you wash them off.... not QED French Clay - this stuff is like having paper Mache dry on your face, I mean it REALLY feels thick and rich as if you have a thick layer of leather on your face. The first time I used this product - I found it to be very awkward, and I wasn't comfortable. After the 30 minutes or so passed, I washed the stuff off my face thinking "uhhh ok." THEN it set it.... wow.... my face feels weird. I didn't think too much of it, went to bed, then woke up the next morning... WOW did my face look incredible, and my skin felt superb! Hot damn - maybe this isn't such junk after all?

Well I had used the Zirh many times in the past - and I sure thought it was halfway decent stuff - but it was complete trash compared to the QED French Clay - suffice to say - it got my attention. I began farting around with Olive oil - applying a thin layer to both of my forearms, letting it sink it, then applying both "masks" to my forearms - and the QED simply embarrassed the Zirh every time. I had taken pics (some will show a bottle of olive oil in them) however the pics of my tests didn't show anything so I will leave them out.

After having used and enjoyed this clay mask - I decided to sacrifice some of my sacred QED DaVinci water - and try the mask out with the clay powder - DaVinci water mix tonight.

Clay Powder and DaVinci H20
P1010115.JPG

Measuring out 1/2 tablespoon of powder for the mask
P1010116.JPG

Putting it in a tea cup...
P1010117.JPG

Adding 3/4 tablespoon of DaVinci Water (Oh the humanity!)
P1010118.JPG

The mix begins....
P1010119.JPG

Mmmmm... chunky
P1010120.JPG

Almost there....
P1010121.JPG

Finished QED French Clay on the fore-finger, black betonite/mix Zirh clay on middle finger
(color/consistency difference)
P1010122.JPG

Mad professors lab....
P1010123.JPG

Well once I tried this clay with DaVinci water - I became a total convert... while the clay cleanses, detoxifies and exfoliates, the DaVinci water moisturizes, tones, and conditions. Truly an incredible combo - and good lord does it smell amazing! What a truly royal experience to kick back - relax and enjoy the incredible fragrance of DaVinci water, coupled with the relaxing "mask" effect of the clay. This has quickly become my favorite product of the QED man line, and at only $9 for ONE FULL POUND - even with the use of DaVinci water, it is an incredible value. A world class product at a rock bottom price, but then again, this is expected from Charles at QED.

I WILL be enjoying this fine product at LEAST once per week - and I highly suggest you join me! You skin, and your blood pressure will thank me... as few things are more relaxing than this wonderful product from QED! Give it a try, and let us know what you think!

this isn't Kiwi lime green polish on my face....don't hate because I'm beautiful...

You can put you mix in an ait tight container, like a tupperware bowl and shake the fire out of it and get a great mix and it will store, too. If you find it dry after a week just add a couple of drops of water until the right consistency comes back or add more powder and mix.

mark the shoeshine boy said:
this isn't Kiwi lime green polish on my face....don't hate because I'm beautiful...

You can put you mix in an ait tight container, like a tupperware bowl and shake the fire out of it and get a great mix and it will store, too. If you find it dry after a week just add a couple of drops of water until the right consistency comes back or add more powder and mix.

That right there is a ladies man.... :ladysman:

Joel, that is one scary picture of you! :001_tt2: Nevertheless, thanks for the review. I have been wondering about clay. I have seen it on Charles' website for quite some time. Time to place an order.

If you don't like the hassle of mixing the clay with hydrosol water you can buy them "pre mixed" in a tube from http://www.naprodis.com. I think the product they have presmixed is green clay and lavender hydrosol water. It's very convenient. French Green Clay is more specifically called Green Illite. If you like this type of clay you should also try Rhassoul clay. It is more expensive but has even greater skin benefits. You can buy bulk clays (Illite, Rhassoul, Bentonite, etc) like what QED sells from http://www.mountainroseherbs.com as well.

Chris

I will second chris on the mountain rose herbs site. Fanatasic service and fantastic products. My 1lb of green clay is a year old and will probably last half a life time.

Just received my QED clay today and im about to give it a go........let you guys know how it works out, hopefully good because the feathers tonite really tore me:sad:

Hmm, Sean, I'm no expert, but if it were me, I'd probably let the skin recover a little before I masked it. The mask is very healthy, but it can tax the skin a little. If you've already got some wicked razor rash, I'd hold off if I were you. Maybe apply something that's more healing, rather than the mask.

-Nick

This was my first time masking so I have nothing to go on but the experience was nice and it was enjoyable to have the scent linger for so long. Only thing I noticed at first was how soft my skin was but this morning my skin did look dramatically different. It was a enjoyable experience to say the least and it was neat how you could feel the clay litterally sucking out dirt and oil. Highly reccomended!!!!!

gage0921 said:
This was my first time masking so I have nothing to go on but the experience was nice and it was enjoyable to have the scent linger for so long. Only thing I noticed at first was how soft my skin was but this morning my skin did look dramatically different. It was a enjoyable experience to say the least and it was neat how you could feel the clay litterally sucking out dirt and oil. Highly reccomended!!!!!

I got a bag from mountainroseherbs.com. I also got some of their Rasoul clay. I hope to try them in the coming weeks.

Sean,

Glad to hear you like it. It definitely does seem to get the job done.

RR,

Let us know how that goes. I'm really interested to hear how well clays (other than green) work.

-Nick

Cliff said:
Do you folks use the clay mask prior to a shave or after ? Does it make a difference ?

I am personally going to use it at night so not anywhere near close to shave time. I don't think you'll see that great of a difference. Make sure to work the clay well when applying it.

All I can say is wow. Charles wasn't kidding when he said this stuff will "suck the crap out of your face." MAN! When I mixed it up and slathered it on, it took about a minute for the sucking to begin and man, i felt like my face was being pulled off the bone. No joke. No exaggeration. No embellishment. This stuff will floor you. Excellent product. I had used Zirh prior to this stuff and the Zirh is going in the garbage can. For $8.95 a pound, this stuff is rock bottom, bargain basement cost. Even after 30 minutes on my face, I washed it off and my face still feels a little drawn after the whole ordeal.

Do yourself a favor and make your next QED order complete with the French Green clay.

By the way, I did some research on "French Green Clay" and there are a litany of health benefits from it. One being a benefit to the lymph glands.

Great stuff! :w00t:

Hello, I'm pretty new here, but I have a question regarding the QED French Clay. I used it for the first time tonight and it left my face looking like it was sunburned. My forehead began to sting as soon as the mask began to harden on my face. After I rinsed it, my whole face was red. Anyone had this experience? I used DaVinci water with the clay.

Regards,
Marion

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Excellent, if somewhat frightening, review. Never in a million years would I have guessed that this was a do it yourself kit.

That bag looks like a lifetime supply, so I think I'll wait until it makes it into the Scotto sampler pack.:drool:

Top Bottom