What's new

Review of QED MAN French Green Clay.....

i have started using REN's multi mineral detox mask due to good reviews and recommendations and i have to say that it is awesome. after it dries, you rub it off, which probably has an added benefit to exfoliation. it is expensive tho, but seems to be the only product that may have an effect on blackheads. it is a kaolin based product, but has lots of ingredients. do you think that a cheaper clay, such as the QED clay would be similar??

i have also used a natural oceanic clay which is nice and also the anthony deep pore cleansing clay, which is kaolin and bentonite based but contains a lot of ingredients. it stings mildly when applied. i have to say that the REN mask is the best i have tried, but i would like to compare with the QED clay.

i have started using REN's multi mineral detox mask due to good reviews and recommendations and i have to say that it is awesome. after it dries, you rub it off, which probably has an added benefit to exfoliation. it is expensive tho, but seems to be the only product that may have an effect on blackheads. it is a kaolin based product, but has lots of ingredients. do you think that a cheaper clay, such as the QED clay would be similar??

i have also used a natural oceanic clay which is nice and also the anthony deep pore cleansing clay, which is kaolin and bentonite based but contains a lot of ingredients. it stings mildly when applied. i have to say that the REN mask is the best i have tried, but i would like to compare with the QED clay.

I haven't found this to be particularly effective with blackheads. It helps yes, but it won't pull all of them from your face. Biore Pore Strips are the best thing I've found for blackheads.

But that aside, I have used Nancy Boy Revitalizing Mask (French Green Clay is an ingredient) but it doesn't work as well as the QED and the QED is so much cheaper. Your face feels firmer, invigorated, clean, moisturized and refleshed. It really is something everyone should have for their face. Especially at $8.95 a pound, can't beat the price.

We have so many new members I thought I would bump this one back up.

This is my source for Hydrosols and clay

I use the Rhassoul clay with rose and lavender Hydrosols for my dry skin.

Enjoy

(Sorry Doc)

Nice one, Jim.
I (we...Wifey went with me) just had my / our 1st mask last weekend.
Man !!
That was cool.
I didnt know what to expect, but when it was over....
my mug felt and looked awesome.
Color....in the middle of winter. :cool:

If you don't like the hassle of mixing the clay with hydrosol water you can buy them "pre mixed" in a tube from http://www.naprodis.com. I think the product they have presmixed is green clay and lavender hydrosol water. It's very convenient. French Green Clay is more specifically called Green Illite. If you like this type of clay you should also try Rhassoul clay. It is more expensive but has even greater skin benefits. You can buy bulk clays (Illite, Rhassoul, Bentonite, etc) like what QED sells from http://www.mountainroseherbs.com as well.

Chris

mountainroseherbs has a nice selection but seems to charge considerable amounts for shipping.
have you had a different experience?
Steve

are all french green clay created equal? is there any difference, say, between the stuff from QED and the mountain rose herb stuff? if not, i might be able to find some locally :biggrin:

Undoubtedly you can find cosmetic clay locally, another option for using hydro sols are chamomile tea or just plain water, Are you in China? I think you may be our first member there!

yup, sure am in china. that's why it's hard for me to get anything DE-related. i had to get a friend who was visiting from the states to bring me my complete "starter kit" :biggrin: i'll have to look around, but i'm sure there should be some french green clay locally. there's just a matter of price too :mad: i've found some imported products can cost up to twice as much as in the states! :eek:

LOL....have only been "doing this for less than 2 weeks" and already have 2 orders into QED.

Now keep a little text doc on my desktop which i open & minimize while surfing the "shaving sites". The doc in named "NextQEDorder" & it makes it real easy to cut text like "French Green Clay" or "Da Vinci Water" out of a Forum post & then paste it into "NextQEDorder"...

In fact am finding this Forum in general to be a goldmine of info about skincare, a topic which most guys aren't really too up on (traditionally).

can some one please send me a link for this stuff Charles' website from hell is driving me crazy I can not find it any where and I am very interested in trying this clay .

Thanks
Nick

can some one please send me a link for this stuff Charles' website from hell is driving me crazy I can not find it any where and I am very interested in trying this clay .

Thanks
Nick

Nick:

On the left side of his site, click on "Other fabulous toiletry products offered by QED". Then, it's the last item under the QEDman [USA] heading.

Thanks for the info guys .
we really need to do some thing about that website . ordering from Charles is a job and a half . :lol:

Cant wait to try the stuff it will be my first face mask thank you B&B for yet another AD to add to my list of AD'S

Nick

I saw the initial pictures of preparing the clay before applying. When I tried the proportions listed 1/2 T clay 3/4 T liquid I didnt' get a smooth mixuture so started adding more liquid and then more clay. Ended up with a rather runny solution which I used and when it dried I thinkit did the job.

Does anyone have good proportions to use and/or what consistency I should strive for?

thanks,
Mike

Top Bottom