What's new

Time for a change of blade?

Hi all, been using derby blades for the last 6 or 7 months since istarted using a DE. Have just bought a sample pack from a site in the UK which contains astra's,iridium,feather,crystal,personna,gillette 7 o'clock yellow. Any suggestions on which blades to start with and use as i work my way through the pack,many thanks and best regards.:biggrin1:

Haven't shaved with all of them but for me the Crystals are very similar to the Derbies. Feathers - as rumored - are very sharp. With my adjustable cranked down a notch from where I use it with the Derbies and Crystals I get a great shave. Opened up to the same place I get nasty razor burn if I'm not really careful

Haven't shaved with all of them but for me the Crystals are very similar to the Derbies. Feathers - as rumored - are very sharp. With my adjustable cranked down a notch from where I use it with the Derbies and Crystals I get a great shave. Opened up to the same place I get nasty razor burn if I'm not really careful
Thanks for your advice BillC:thumbup1:

I always recommend for anyone using a sample pack to just start using the blades in any order they want. Just keep a record of each, and give each blade at least 5 or 6 shaves. Unless of course you get 2 lousy shaves in a row, then you can mark that blade off as not for you. Keep the blades though and try them again in 6 or 8 months when your technique has improved. They might be pretty good then.

Take other members suggestions as a basis for blade use, but remember that one members dud blade just might be excellent for you. Everyone if different, so find out for yourself. :thumbup1: :001_rolle :w00t:

Top Bottom