What's new

Sedef razors?

They're basically half of a DE blade holder. Sedef and Ali Biyikli shavettes are same and these are used by all barbers in Turkey. They are good for learning to shave with a straight, but are very light and one can easily cut himself. Some say they are harder to use than a straight or DE because of the lightness and the finesse required to use.

Hello there Gunky, I just scored some of these! Had a layover in montreal this week so i looked up a place (from B&B of course) and paid $9 for all 3. If you're never there then sorry this isnt helpful BUT if you are, make sure you check out "Marche Istanbul." They have lots of derby and arko shave sticks too, 12 for $10 mix and match, also they have a wicked tobacco aftershave, its a huge glass bottle for $10, kind of like alt innsbruck but with less menthol and a bit more musk. Sedefs are on ebay i think too, but anyway, one of the best shaves ive ever had with this thing, damn it was good, used some arko, the razor and some of that AS from the same store. turkish delight! take care and hope you find some of these little things, they're awesome

Hello there Gunky, I just scored some of these! Had a layover in montreal this week so i looked up a place (from B&B of course) and paid $9 for all 3. If you're never there then sorry this isnt helpful BUT if you are, make sure you check out "Marche Istanbul." They have lots of derby and arko shave sticks too, 12 for $10 mix and match, also they have a wicked tobacco aftershave, its a huge glass bottle for $10, kind of like alt innsbruck but with less menthol and a bit more musk. Sedefs are on ebay i think too, but anyway, one of the best shaves ive ever had with this thing, damn it was good, used some arko, the razor and some of that AS from the same store. turkish delight! take care and hope you find some of these little things, they're awesome

Great info for those that might be looking, though you might not have noticed that the original post is around 4 years old. Let us know how they work out for you though.

Top Bottom