What's new

Alcohol free A/S recommendations?

Anyone? Something that feels/smells good w/out alcohol? I'm guessing they'd be balms; my buddy swears by Baxters but I thought I'd check around here & see what you all recommended.

The only splashes I know of off-hand sans alcohol are the Provence Sante ones. I have the Green Tea and like it. It is sweet but pleasant. Not my favorite but rotation worthy.

The Lucky Tiger also fits the bill as an alcohol-free splash. I've never tried this though.

I don't really use balms so I leave those recommendations to someone else.

There are alcohol free gels and splashes as well as balms.

The Lucky Tiger is one.

There is also this, which I like a lot:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?ltr=E&t=122341

Thayer's Alcohol Free Toners are also great.

For an alcohol free balm, I'd suggest Nivea Sensitive, available at your local drugstore. Works just as well as many more expensive products.

Look through the reviews section...there are ton of alcohol free balms out there. There should also be a few besides the Nivea at your local drugstores, Health Food store/Whole Foods that you can check out.

Gentlemen's Refinery hands down! There is nothing that I have ever heard of or tried that soaks into the skin and causes the silkiest feeling skin ever...with no sign of residue. It is amazing. So glad I spent the money on this (got it for 60% off from makeup.com, they are out of stock). As soon as this runs out I am getting more for sure.

I also bought the cream standard and pre-shave oil...all 3 products are great :thumbup:

I'd add these alcohol-free BALMS:

-- Proraso
-- Weleda
-- Wesley & Scott "Lightly Mentolated"
-- Saint Charles Shave "Avocado Oil"
-- C.O. Bigelow #1200 "Sensitive"
-- Musgo Real
-- Baxter of Cali. (too much menthol for me, but damned good stuff!)

Best of luck. Report back on AS balms/ splashes you like!

Last edited:
Anyone? Something that feels/smells good w/out alcohol? I'm guessing they'd be balms; my buddy swears by Baxters but I thought I'd check around here & see what you all recommended.

He's right. Baxter's is a mighty fine A/B.
Nice light citrus scent going on there :thumbup1:

Nivea is great, works like a charm on razor burn, moisturizes and is pretty much unscented so you can wear any fragrance. Cheap too!

I love the stuff. However I have ordered the Penhaligons Endymion range (EDT, cream and ASB) so I'll be interested to see how it measures up.

Pete

Gentlemen's Refinery hands down! There is nothing that I have ever heard of or tried that soaks into the skin and causes the silkiest feeling skin ever...with no sign of residue. It is amazing. So glad I spent the money on this (got it for 60% off from makeup.com, they are out of stock). As soon as this runs out I am getting more for sure.

I also bought the cream standard and pre-shave oil...all 3 products are great :thumbup:

+1,000,000 for Gentlemen's Refinery it's worth every penny!!!

Top Bottom