What's new

Hot towel

I've seen a major improvement since I started to use a hot towel on my face just before shaving.

I used to just throw hot water on my face with my hands, but the use of towel prepares the face much better for the shave.

Just give it a try:thumbup:

I always use a hot towel for 2-3 minutes before I shave. I think it really softens my beard up. I apply Skin Food and lather and then wrap my face, wipe of the lather when I'm done soaking and then reapply lather.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I've seen a major improvement since I started to use a hot towel on my face just before shaving.

I used to just throw hot water on my face with my hands, but the use of towel prepares the face much better for the shave.

Just give it a try:thumbup:

I totally agree.
The extra time spent preparing the beard with hot towels is rewarded with a much better shave.

What's the best way to heat up the towel do you guy's just put in the microwave for a bit or do you do something else???

Well first you place an amount of water to your boiler.

Afterward you can pour the boiled water to your sink and then add some cold water in order to mix it and lower the temperature from Boiled to Hot.

Alternatively just full the sink with Hot tab water

Soak a small towel in to the sink, dry it with your hands and apply on your face. When the "warmth" of the towel runs out repeat 2 more times.

Use a small towel in order just to cover your beard not a big one surrounding your whole head like barbers do:lol:

After the shave remember to dry the towel well with your hands by squeezing it as much as you can

The next day your towel will be dry just like your brush ready to re-use:thumbup:

Just tried my first hot towel..got a good small sized one, got it damp with water, wrung it out and placed it in the microwave. I did about 2 minutes, but next time I think i'll stick with just 1. Worked SUPER nicely on my neck area! (Didn't try shaving my face)

I pre heat my scuttle with water that I heat in an electric kettle. I pour the remaining water in the closed sink and insert a wash cloth (towel). After the scuttle peheats, (I let it preheat until the kettle is hot again), I dump all the scuttle water in the sink, refill the outer bowl of the scuttle and the rest of the hot water goes in the sink. I ring out the washcloth till fairly dry, no dripping water, and put on my face, the cloth is very hot to the touch, not really hot to the face, funny how that happens. I rewet the cloth 3-4x, applying hot cloth to the face and neck again, and then I'm good to lather the face. Oh,I leave the cloth in the sink of hot water while I shave, use it to wipe off the lather between passes and rehydrate the face a bit before applying another round of lather. FEELS SO GOOD!!!!!!:thumbup:

What's the best way to heat up the towel do you guy's just put in the microwave for a bit or do you do something else???

I hot Face Cloth rather than Towel....SMBO's tolerance of my increased time in the bathroom might fade a bit if I use an extra towel every time...our hot water from the tap is not far off scalding anyway, so I just soak the cloth in the sink whilst I shower and then just wring it out. Keep the same cloth handy to wipe off between passes.

Love the hot towel process. I generally fill a bowl with boiling water and throw the face towel into it whilst I shower. Everyone should at least try this once!

I hot towel every day.

I fill the sink with hot water, put my brush and a towel in there, go and strop, come back and put the hot towel on my face, then lathertime!

Top Bottom