What's new

GFT Skinfood how does it compare to other balms?

I don't really use it as a balm. I usually apply before I go to bed. I find in this way I get the most out of it.

I wouldn't use the skin food alone after a shave. I could see applying it as a final step-to that end I intend to get a bottle of Limes skin food, since I hear that functions as an unscented

I don't really use it as a balm. I usually apply before I go to bed. I find in this way I get the most out of it.

I wouldn't use the skin food alone after a shave. I could see applying it as a final step-to that end I intend to get a bottle of Limes skin food, since I hear that functions as an unscented

I'll first use an alum block, then apply a balm

I have found it to be very protective, it works wonders if your going to have a heavy day at work; if you've only had a light day you can feel it coming off in the shower at night.

Also the limes scent only last while your applying it, after that it does not smell at all.

Overall I would say it is not like any other balm I've tried my skin certainly feels soft and sleek but certainly not wet like a moisturizer.

I'm curious as to why you wouldn't use it alone after a shave.

I'm curious as to why you wouldn't use it alone after a shave.

No alcohol & no witchhazel. I think any pure aftershave should have at least 1 of those, if not both. I like the skin food as part of the process but not stand-alone. No offense intended to those who like to use it as their only post-shave routine.

The other day I was looking at my skin food ingredients and learned that it contains Alcohol (Denatured)! Color me surprised. Maybe it would work as a stand alone aftershave...

I have a bottle of the Sandalwood, I like it, but I don't often use it after shaving as there are other products (witch hazel and the humble Nivea ASB) that I like better.

Pete

Apples and oranges. The best way I've heard it described is as a "sealer" to seal the face after application of an aftershave.

I usually use an alcohol based aftershave to cleanse and then GFT to finish and seal. This seems to work well.

Other days I use balms for variety and added moisturizing properties.

Like the above poster I find it to be a face sealer and it always leaves my face with a matte finish when dry. I do not love skin food.

I've been adding the Limes Skin Food as a final step of a shave. I really enjoy it. It may be an illusion, but it seems to enhance the smoothness (much in the same way an alum block uses, which I also use). I use the Limes so as not to interfere with the AS scent (since the Limes dies down immediately upon application).

Top Bottom