What's new

Help! Need Valentine's Day Gift Ideas!

So Valentine's Day is rapidly approaching and as I have more and more interviews and less and less time, it is starting to concern me that I don't have any idea what to get my fiancee for Valentine's Day. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? What have you gotten your significant other in the past?

Thank you in advance for saving my life,
CCM

It's not the price, but the significance. Honestly, you should pay enough attention to the woman that you are going to marry that you have a good idea.

Was there something she wanted for Christmas that she didn't get? Perhaps she wants to go to a new restaurant in town for dinner. Maybe she wants tickets to the monster truck show and a big bag of beef jerky.

You can never go wrong with a manicure/pedicure gift certificate or a relaxing spa treatment. Women love stuff like that.

nothing can beat a bunch of roses and a you cooking a delicious 3 course meal

Thank you for the advice. The roses are a definite, but as for the three course meal...lets just say that I nearly burned down my own fire station the last time I cooked a frozen pizza. :blink:

-CCM

Try to remember what things she told she would like to do, or something she has allways wanted but allways forgot.

I like making this kind of surprise to my wife :

-"Oh, thank you, I've allways wanted this perfume, how did you guess ?!"
-"I'm a mage :lol:"

You have two weeks to open your ears...

Generally speaking, most women I know like shiny things. I'd go in that direction.
We often say we don't need anything shiny but secretly want it. :blush:
Setting up a nice tub for her with bubbles or a *bath bomb*, candles, music and he fave book would be nice. Make it a spa type thing, maybe have a cool drink and something to munch on (chocolate is a good one).

I suggest the following:

Dish towels, vacuum cleaner and an apron. Yes, these are crappy gifts that can show how insensitive you can be and the backlash could be severe. However, every VD from here on out will always contain better gifts and she'll always think about how terrible the gifts could have been.

If you do this, let me know how it works out. I'm too afraid to try it myself.

A wonderful meaningful gift doesn't mean money, it's all about the thought put into the act. Get a good idea and follow through.
If you want to buy flowers here is something that works. Get one red rose for every year you have been in love and one white rose for your best friend. This could be one dozen for each but that gets pricy.

So Valentine's Day is rapidly approaching and as I have more and more interviews and less and less time, it is starting to concern me that I don't have any idea what to get my fiancee for Valentine's Day. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? What have you gotten your significant other in the past?

Thank you in advance for saving my life,
CCM

I thought this was a place to post our wish list, the items we want our significant others to get us. :blush:

Here's my list:
1. Bottle of Czech and Speake Cuba
2. Simpson's Chubby
3. Any Double Duck
4. A good almond soap to break that Chubby in.

I like the 1,2,3 punch.. something traditional, something personal, something you make/do. So for me this year, it's a bottle of a perfume that she highly covets in a little gift bag with some other girly cosmetic stuff (traditional, flowers, perfume and or chocolate).

Personal... well that's personal so I'm not going to tell you... but it could be a small picture (2x3) in a silver frame...

Something you do.. like others said, cook a meal or maybe you carve a shave soap stick into her likeness.

Whatever you do, keep in mind that you need to satisfy two aspects of your gift... it has to be something that took some effort and thought and secondly something that she can tell her friends about.

Top Bottom