What's new

My girl question

Oh, I mentioned I was applying for a new job at work about two weeks ago and she said, "maybe then you could afford to take me on a real date."

Who knows. Lots of conflicting signals from this girl, some of them are significant and some are just random whims. If she's fresh out of a serious breakup of a serious crelationship then she probably needed some recharge time, but after four months in the friend zone it's time to nut up and ask her out for serious, and find out if it's time to cut your losses. But a lot of times the friend during the post-breakup recharge is either permanently friend zoned or if you're lucky you're rebound boy.

Na, the buddy's house is my buddy. She knows none of the people. She hasn't invited me to anything w/ her friends.

"date" shall be used on Sunday. I guess that's what I needed to hear :)

On a serious note, I think that you have gone too far with the friends thing. Keep hanging out with her if you want a girl buddy. Factor into that the complications if one of your friends at the UFC viewing party asks her out. If you are cool with all that, continue on. Otherwise, I'd uninvite her to the UFC, cancel the dinner, and cut my losses before I found myself in the romantic equivalent of Napoleon's campaign in Russia.

On a serious note, I think that you have gone too far with the friends thing. Keep hanging out with her if you want a girl buddy. Factor into that the complications if one of your friends at the UFC viewing party asks her out. If you are cool with all that, continue on. Otherwise, I'd uninvite her to the UFC, cancel the dinner, and cut my losses before I found myself in the romantic equivalent of Napoleon's campaign in Russia.

Everyone at the UFC thing is married except for us. I'm 31 (yea, ***!), she 28. If someone asks her out, there's a much bigger problem :scared: The other two guys from her Facebook are from her group of friends that I've never met.

She'll still come to eat dinner on Sunday because that's when we gotta talk. Got it. If she goes home w/ leftovers, then things are good :001_tt2: I think I'm at the point where SOMETHING has to change. I probably did wait too long for the friends thing, c'est la vie.

Actually, I do too. That's why I've made no moves without the "date" thing being clear.

I respect you all the more for it. There aren't too many of you left anymore, so ask her out, if it doesn't pan out, amputate. There are far too many girls who appreciate someone like you for you to end up in the Stalingrad of dating.

-CCM

I SWORE to myself that I wouldn't get caught up in the typical dating games. I guess the fact that I'm even having a hard time with this shows that I have. I just gotta lay it out there and see what's up. What I suspected all along. Thanks B&B :001_unsur As much as I'd like to think I want a gal pal I don't think it's possible at this point.

I SWORE to myself that I wouldn't get caught up in the typical dating games. I guess the fact that I'm even having a hard time with this shows that I have. I just gotta lay it out there and see what's up. What I suspected all along. Thanks B&B :001_unsur

Dating is a strategy game, whether you like it or not. The only way to win it is to stay in it, which from the sound of it is the problem you have been having.

Best of luck,
CCM

Sorry didnot mean to offend anyone. But have you never had a friend of the opposite sex that went a little further than friends, but were still able to remain friends.

I'm not offended as in completely repulsed, but in that's not how I'm looking at this gal. A purely physical relationship with this gal is not what interests me. Yea, she's easy on the eyes, but...

Remember this, if you really want a long term relationship to work. You have to be friends first. My best friend is my wife. We will have or 27th anniversary this July. Don't play games and just be honest. The rest will take care of itself.

Oh, I mentioned I was applying for a new job at work about two weeks ago and she said, "maybe then you could afford to take me on a real date."

You don't want any of that! That seems to be a recurring thing I am seeing here. A "real date". She's never going to get what she wants.

My point is that if she wanted to get serious, she would have by now.

Two different dudes just on Facebook?
Was shacked up with another guy for 4 1/2 years?
You already know the answer, time to be a man and quit fooling yourself.

Do I just say *** it and ask her knowing that whatever friendship will be ruined if it doesn't go my way? Nothing ventured, nothing gained? Is it too late and I just throw in the towel? So, what say ye B&B?

Yes. If it works out, that's great, and if it doesn't, then quite honestly you'll be better off without the friendship. A friendship tainted by one-sided and unrequited romantic yearnings is just not a good situation to be in.

On a lighter note, I can't believe that people are so offended by the notion of "friends with benefits." You guys just don't know how great you have it today! :biggrin:

You don't want any of that! That seems to be a recurring thing I am seeing here. A "real date". She's never going to get what she wants.

My point is that if she wanted to get serious, she would have by now.

Sunday night. Ahhh! War face. I'm ready!

Ugh!

Remember this, if you really want a long term relationship to work. You have to be friends first. My best friend is my wife. We will have or 27th anniversary this July. Don't play games and just be honest. The rest will take care of itself.

That's what I think. The friends part. It's become such that she can talk to me and I can talk to her. I don't know what a game is to begin to play it. It's all very confusing.

Like I said, she lost her job on the 13th, and hasn't told some of her friends because she is embarrassed. I like talking to her and she obviously likes talking to me, so I guess the only way to find out if there is anything more there is to ask!

I think I knew it all along, but just needed a group of strangers to convince me :001_smile

Two different dudes just on Facebook?
Was shacked up with another guy for 4 1/2 years?
You already know the answer, time to be a man and quit fooling yourself.

Facebook is an evil beast. The football dude could just be a friend. He's 10 years older than her. I wouldn't consider a gal 10 years older to be anything more than a friend. The guy today seems to have known her for a while, from before she moved out from the other dude. They have classes together.

I think I do know the answer. I don't want to know it, ya know? Damn strangers!

I'll figure this crap out as I'm feeding her beef stew and biscuits tomorrow :w00t:

Tell me B&B, is it good or bad that this gal is messing with me this much, and she doesn't even know it? I hate the doubt. I hate the uncertainty.

Last edited:
FB is an evil beast for sure. But, it can be one revelaing evil beast.

Make your move bro. Now is the time. Bed her or go down in flames trying. Her reaction to your attempt to take her to the sack should resolve everything. If she plays some BS, them move on. Simple as that.

But, I'm a guy that moves on after probably a week if I realize I ain't gonna get any. Feast or famine.

Best of luck.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The best advice I ever heard on this subject was given by that great American philosopher, Kelly Bundy:

A girl knows in the first five seconds whether you're going to score or not.

Top Bottom