What's new

New Guy here from WA State

Hey all,

New here but have been WS for years (old fart; Vietnam-era vet); probably been doing it all wrong though lol. I've checked out videos on Youtube from mantic59.
Great site here - since registering I've been reading, searching and subscribing to threads, just alot of good stuff here!
I'm using DE razors, have two old Gillette models, a 40's Super Speed and a gold (?) Milord. Currently using Derby blades after playing cheapo blade roulette, but I haven't tried any other brands that seem to get mentioned here - Merkur, Feather, etc. Guess I'll have to do a sampler on Ebay. I'm also looking for a good cream or soap - I've been "making do" with the mass market canned foam. I just ordered a sandalwood soap cake from Classic Shaving (one of their own) then stumbled upon this site to learn it's considered crap by most; I guess I'll find out when I get it. With my first post here, I bought a tub of SRD Sandalwood in the B/S/T forum yesterday, so I'll see how that goes when I get it. Kinda stoked about that one :001_smile
I have some questions, but don't know if they should be asked here or in another heading. Once again, great site here!

Welcome to B&B from another "old fart; Viet Nam-era vet".

Start asking your questions in this forum; as time goes on, you'll figger out where to go!

We'll certainly have opinions and answers for you. Remember, though, that one of the most-used phrases on B&B is "YMMV." (your mileage may vary).

Again, welcome.

Hey all,....

Currently using Derby blades after playing cheapo blade roulette, but I haven't tried any other brands that seem to get mentioned here - Merkur, Feather, etc. Guess I'll have to do a sampler on Ebay.....

Welcome, and as a fellow Washington Wet Shaver I'd like to offer you a pack of Shark blades for you to try. Send me a PM.

Thanks guys.
The warm welcome and generosity shown here is much appreciated and a heartfelt thanks.

My other hobbies include knives/blade steels, stropping, tools, flashlights, coffee snobbery (somewhat), Vietnam-era reading; among other things.
I've been a member of Candlepowerforums since 2001 (username DArklite); when I tried using that nick here it said it was already in use.. oh well :)
I chose coolbluewater as a moniker back from my "vet days".

Great bunch of people here - thanks again!

Welcome to the forums. If you are in a real big hurry to try a good cream, some options are Kiss my face, which you can get at whole foods and some other spots, the real shaving company shave cream which you can find at rite-aid or other drug stores, if you are in western Wa, there is the Art Of Shaving store in Bell Square. But I get most of my goods online or on the BST here.

Welcome aboard... Do I sense a old Navy vet here????.. Hey as a old Vet PM me as well I'll send you a pack of Crystals

Welcome to the forums. If you are in a real big hurry to try a good cream, some options are Kiss my face, which you can get at whole foods and some other spots, the real shaving company shave cream which you can find at rite-aid or other drug stores, if you are in western Wa, there is the Art Of Shaving store in Bell Square. But I get most of my goods online or on the BST here.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to mosey on over to the AoS in Bellevue at some point and have a look-see; right now I'm looking at Mama Bear's offerings online - some of those really look interesting and at "let's not break the bank" prices. :001_smile

'some more local soft good sources: Bath and body works sells CB Bigelow shave cream (which is similar/same as the proraso green) shave cream, the body shop shave creams are said to be good. Crabtree and Evelyn sells soaps and shave creams (I don't care much for their soaps) Locctaine cade shave soap is good, the shave cream not so good. Nordstroms downtown seattle used to carry some trufitt and hill creams, aos and Aqua di parma shave creams.

Top Bottom